In honor of the 2011 slam dunk contest coming up in a couple weeks...

afaSooner

Reaction score
Who's the best dunker of all-time?

Sprite Slam Dunk Year-By-Year Winners
2010 -- Nate Robinson, New York
2009 -- Nate Robinson, New York
2008 -- Dwight Howard, Orlando
2007 -- Gerald Green, Boston
2006 -- Nate Robinson, New York
2005 -- Josh Smith, Atlanta
2004 -- Fred Jones, Indiana
2003 -- Jason Richardson, Golden State
2002 -- Jason Richardson, Golden State
2001 -- Desmond Mason, Seattle
2000 -- Vince Carter, Toronto
1997 -- Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers
1996 -- Brent Barry, L.A. Clippers
1995 -- Harold Miner, Miami
1994 -- Isaiah Rider, Minnesota
1993 -- Harold Miner, Miami
1992 -- Cedric Ceballos, Phoenix
1991 -- Dee Brown, Boston
1990 -- Dominique Wilkins, Atlanta
1989 -- Kenny Walker, New York
1988 -- Michael Jordan, Chicago
1987 -- Michael Jordan, Chicago
1986 -- Spud Webb, Atlanta
1985 -- Dominique Wilkins, Atlanta
1984 -- Larry Nance, Phoenix

I'm going with Jordan.

michael-jordan-dunk.jpg

Top 5
Wilkins, David Thompson, Jordan, Shawn Kemp, Vince Carter

Vince Carter, 2000 dunk contest was the best I have seen.

And there is also this...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrPjl-927Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrPjl-927Q[/ame]

I'm amazed VC only won this once.

I was born in the early 90's so I'm limited to choosing from my timeframe. My most vivid memories were of VC and J-Rich...so I'll go with them. I used to think Dwight's show was also pretty amazing but in retrospect it just seems pretty gimmicky.

Hopefully Blake can dominate with sheer force & awe this year, as opposed to gimmicks.

I'm amazed VC only won this once.

I was born in the early 90's so I'm limited to choosing from my timeframe. My most vivid memories were of VC and J-Rich...so I'll go with them. I used to think Dwight's show was also pretty amazing but in retrospect it just seems pretty gimmicky.

Hopefully Blake can dominate with sheer force & awe this year, as opposed to gimmicks.

Im pretty sure Vince only competed once. Stars not competing has killled the dunk contest. For some reason they are scared to loose or do not want to be seen as only "dunkers". That's why Nate Robinson has won the last few years. Just imagine a Blake, Lebron, Howard, Kobe, Carter contest. It will not happen because they are all scared to loose now. It would hurt their image.

Im pretty sure Vince only competed once. Stars not competing has killled the dunk contest. For some reason they are scared to loose or do not want to be seen as only "dunkers". That's why Nate Robinson has won the last few years. Just imagine a Blake, Lebron, Howard, Kobe, Carter contest. It will not happen because they are all scared to loose now. It would hurt their image.

Nate Robinson winning p---es me off every time it happens...he does average dunks but wins because he's 5'9"...oh well lol.

it's not even close. Dr. J is first. period. all the others are mere posers.

Michael would be second.

It's like...Dr. J on the couch...Michael in the backroom...and no one else within a city block.

Vince in the contest, 'Nique in traffic, but Mike made it all look the best.

Gerald Green's cupcake dunk should've won him a 2nd dunk title (but he lost to a dunk that wasn't even a dunk).

Shawn Kemp's the best dunker who never won it... by far.

I can't believe Dr. J is getting so disrespected. The famous Michael tomahawk from past the ft line was Mike imitating Dr. J. He has said so many times.

You guys really need to watch some film Dr. J's dunks. Start off with this one and overlook the language (I'd turn the sound down).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stiAd7W45yE[/ame]

Gerald Green's cupcake dunk should've won him a 2nd dunk title (but he lost to a dunk that wasn't even a dunk).

Shawn Kemp's the best dunker who never won it... by far.

The cupcake dunk may be my fav dunk contest dunk of all-time

The best dual was Jordan vs. Nique...

Best performance in a dunk contest was Vince Carter (hands down)...

Back