Interesting Capel quote from 2007

The only "problem" with that is who is his in? Because the main candidate is a guy that likes to go out all the way to the 3 and shoot/create plays out there.

When they went 4 guard at the practice I got to see it was Ryan Wright as the big.

When they went 4 guard at the practice I got to see it was Ryan Wright as the big.
Gotcha. I see good and bad with that lineup. We will create a lot of match-up problems, but I don't know how we stop anyone or get a board. I assume we would try to create a bit of helter skelter with that line-up.

This is why i think T-Jones and his skill set are perfect for OU.

4 out doesn't mean 3 guards. Taylor and JP had a little bit of "out" to their games. As did Carter. Can't Tiny shoot it from 15+? There is your fourth out, much in the mold of Ace.

4 out doesn't mean 3 guards. Taylor and JP had a little bit of "out" to their games. As did Carter. Can't Tiny shoot it from 15+? There is your fourth out, much in the mold of Ace.

yup, that is what I would like to see from T-Jones if we get him. That said, you have to admit that does lend itself to 4 guards in so far as the skills needed to run that set. Luckily, I think tiny may have those skills so we can do it without sacrificing size.

Gotcha. I see good and bad with that lineup. We will create a lot of match-up problems, but I don't know how we stop anyone or get a board. I assume we would try to create a bit of helter skelter with that line-up.

I think it would be good. You put a couple of long, athletic 3's on the floor at about 6'7" that can handle the ball and shoot a little. Then there is the 5 and a traditional 1 and 2, I don't see a problem. Except for the other team, it would really stretch their D. If they are good players they will play good D and hustle for boards, IMO.

That's probably what he plans to do. Gallon would be a tough match for 4's and 5's, spreading them out, and Tony is a good rebounder for a 3. Certainly, there are a lot of options. I think this is Capel's deepest and most talented team.

I think it would be good. You put a couple of long, athletic 3's on the floor at about 6'7" that can handle the ball and shoot a little. Then there is the 5 and a traditional 1 and 2, I don't see a problem. Except for the other team, it would really stretch their D. If they are good players they will play good D and hustle for boards, IMO.
I'm definitely excited about it. Besides, guards win games at this level, and we'll have really good one's.

Yeah, I'm really excited to see this years team and the uptempo pace they will play.
It's going to be exciting.

I'm definitely excited about it. Besides, guards win games at this level, and we'll have really good one's.
Totally agree Play. College hoops is a guards game and OU has got some good ones.

Back