Early season observations

Harkless went for 20 2 times in his OU career ... he was not 20+ on a given night .

he was single digits 26 times in his OU career ... (12 times 5 or under)

And pretty inefficient on offense, as well. High turnovers and low percentages shooting. I like Harkless but we are better off without him imo because younger players will get those minutes.

And pretty inefficient on offense, as well. High turnovers and low percentages shooting. I like Harkless but we are better off without him imo because younger players will get those minutes.

agree .. harkless as a role player was great ... Harkless wanting to be "the man" on O was a disaster ..

Would y'all take Jacob Groves with Gibson/Sherfield or Harkless as your other starting guard?

Maybe I was off on his points.. I still feel like as a third option he could score 12-15ppg. I don't know.. I would take that 3 over what we have right now in a heartbeat and I think they could compete and do very well.

Would y'all take Jacob Groves with Gibson/Sherfield or Harkless as your other starting guard?

Maybe I was off on his points.. I still feel like as a third option he could score 12-15ppg. I don't know.. I would take that 3 over what we have right now in a heartbeat and I think they could compete and do very well.

On our FF team, our second leading scorers were Woodard (13 ppg) and Cousins (12.6). Both of those guys are far better shooters and overall offensive players than Harkless, and they played on a team that was much more up tempo than the system Moser plays. Harkless would likely be more efficient as a third or fourth option, but would be very unlikely to crack double digits. And it certainly appears that he wanted to be the leading man rather than a role player.

Harkless averaged 9 points per game at OU, 8 his first season, 10 his second (would he have jumped to 12 or more this season? No way of knowing, but maybe).

He averaged two turnovers per game at OU but also two steals. Five rebounds per game.

Noland has averaged 4 ppg both last season and this. 1 turnover and 1 steal per game. 2 rebounds per game.

This season, J. Groves is averaging 9 ppg. He's averaging 0 steals, 1 turnover, 3 rebounds.

Harkless was last year's designated goat (in the negative sense) for some on this board, but it's safe to say he could have helped us this season.

Back