Interesting game

MO

Reaction score
Forget about the loss, just forget about it. We will learn a lot from this game.

I think we learned our best lineup is WW, Cade, Crocker, Pledger, and Gallon/Wright. I'm puzzled why we got away from it. I think we've learned that our 2-3 is as bad as our M2M right now. We've learned that regardless how well we shoot at times, we can't win without going inside. I think we learned that we are very ineffecient with the basketball and way too wreckless.

Completely agree with a starting 5 of Warren/TMG(maybe with a little more experience) at pg, Cade and Pledger at 2 and 3; yes, I guess, Crocker at the 4 and Gallon/ Wright at C (although O played well in the first few minutes)

And, gee TU, a lot of these guys haven't played D-1 very long. What do you expect, 3 years of experience between VCU and Alaska. I like a coach that allows his players to grow by making early mistakes. It makes for bigger upside down the line.

Last edited:
I think we learned our best lineup is WW, Cade, Crocker, Pledger, and Gallon/Wright. I'm puzzled why we got away from it. I think we've learned that our 2-3 is as bad as our M2M right now. We've learned that regardless how well we shoot at times, we can't win without going inside. I think we learned that we are very ineffecient with the basketball and way too wreckless.

I think you are exactly right on every point you made. Big O was ok, but it would've been impossible for him to guard anyone if we played man.

They should be really smart any day now.

Hopefully not after a loss in the final game. I just never pictured we'd be playing in the "Hey, at least you don't suck as bad as the team you beat" game. I really, really, really hope that we can maybe someday see some good defense with this team cuz if we continue to struggle playing M2M and zone and press, it will be a loooooooooooooonnnnngggg season.

Fine, TU, but with young players that are being allowed to play, the statement is still relevant.

You've just never seen a coach that understands letting the talent express and learn what works and what doesn't. It's a far superior approach, you will see. Maybe not this year, but down the line.

Back