Interesting quote by Willie Warren

I'm okay with this lineup:

TMG
WW
Cam
Terrence Jones
Tiny

:)

We all know that roster looks good on paper. Do you think we'd make the tournament, next year, with it? 2 true freshman again. 1 sophmore that struggled big time as a frosh. A junior that struggled some his sophmore season. Same attitudes. Same poor defensive players. Same chemistry problems. And unless Cade Davis gets hit by a bus, he won't lose his starting spot to Cam. No way, no how.

I sure would like to see cam in the starting lineup but if willie comes back I am not sure he gets in....I would say above cade just because I think bringing cade off the bench would give us energy and hustle and that would def. help....

You would take a young team and have your senior coming off the bench? It could happen but I think Cade will start next season.

I'm not sure ww is the problem, but if other players don't play well with him that might mean the chemistry issues can improve with his departure...reguardless if he is the center of these problems or not...

I think you guys are reading too much into this. I think he is referring to OU when he says "we". I don't think he is talking about himself personally.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that this means that he will be back for at least one more season. I know that some feel like that is a bad idea, but they need to remember that the guy is a supremely talented, albiet from the outside looking in, immature, player. I'm sorry, but the thought of having him back with a year to figure things out has me fired up...but I can alos live with whatever decision he makes.

Yes. I am all for Willie coming back. We need experienced players, not another team full of freshmen. Cade and Willie will be the only players who actually have much playing time in the NCAA tournament. They went to the elite 8 and could be a real help if we are able to get back there next year.

Yes. I am all for Willie coming back. We need experienced players, not another team full of freshmen. Cade and Willie will be the only players who actually have much playing time in the NCAA tournament. They went to the elite 8 and could be a real help if we are able to get back there next year.

I agree. Usually if a player becomes great he improves tremendously between one year and the next. Sometimes that is after their freshmen year and other times after their sophmore or junior year. If Willie leaves, we will probably be starting another freshmen. Competition is a good thing.

Willie and TMG are not good compliments on the floor together, both need to dominate the ball to be effective at this point in their respective careers.

Willie needs to realize he is not the point guard; I don't think he will be in the pros either. He needs to learn the 2. work on his ball-handling and improve his shot mechanics. That is enough for him to come back at least one year.

If he isn't going to come back and play the 2, I think he needs to move on....

Willie needs to realize he is not the point guard; I don't think he will be in the pros either. He needs to learn the 2. work on his ball-handling and improve his shot mechanics. That is enough for him to come back at least one year.

If he isn't going to come back and play the 2, I think he needs to move on....

Personally, I don't think Willie can play the 2 at the next level and don't see any reason for him to come back. He's not big enough for the two guard spot, his release is way too low, inconsistent jump-shooter, does not work well off the ball (running off picks) and his strength is going to the bucket.

All the holes in his game to be a PG at the next level will not be remedied by coming back to OU...he can work on his shot, ball-handling in the pros, whether that be the NBA, D-League or overseas. At OU, he is going to get limited time with coaches and will have to attend classes.

If he comes back (and I'm in the concerned about chemistry camp) Capel will need to coach him differently. It will have to start with the head guy.

Personally, I don't think Willie can play the 2 at the next level and don't see any reason for him to come back. He's not big enough for the two guard spot, his release is way too low, inconsistent jump-shooter, does not work well off the ball (running off picks) and his strength is going to the bucket.

All the holes in his game to be a PG at the next level will not be remedied by coming back to OU...he can work on his shot, ball-handling in the pros, whether that be the NBA, D-League or overseas. At OU, he is going to get limited time with coaches and will have to attend classes.

I think WW has the ability and talent to be a star at the 2 in college and quite frankly that's all I care about. But I'm selfish. ;)

I guess I'm selfish too...... I don't think he has the ball-handling abilities and passing abilities to play point in the pros. He can't play it in college either. He has been the "mj" on his jh and hs teams. He needs to learn how to play without the ball...work on his shot, attitude and defense.

In my opinion, he needs to forget about himself....learn to be a teammate. And since we already have a pg, he needs to play the 2. And I can see how some don't think he's a 2 in the pros; he won't be unless he starts to work on his game's deficiencies..

Quite a few aberrant posts in this thread.

Last edited:
What can I say, I'm a deviant.
Oh it's definitely not you.

To try and kick Willie out the door because we lost some games and he didn't get back on defense and had a pizza in Alaska while he was sick isn't a normal, coherent thought process.

But such is what happens when you read posts from a bunch of emotional/ irrational people who need someone to blame for throwing something at the TV during one of our losses and breaking the screen.. I blame myself for logging in, and certainly knew not to read this thread.

Last edited:
I don't like to downgrade any of our players; but I don't like to sugarcoat the situation either. I hope you don't think I'm trying to kick anyone out the door; I just don't think he can make it in the pros yet. And if he ends up in Europe, he might as well get his education before he goes. I'm a fan of all of the players; they have a lot on their plate.

I don't like to downgrade any of our players; but I don't like to sugarcoat the situation either. I hope you don't think I'm trying to kick anyone out the door; I just don't think he can make it in the pros yet. And if he ends up in Europe, he might as well get his education before he goes. I'm a fan of all of the players; they have a lot on their plate.
I agree with everything you are saying. He is too careless and cavalier with the ball to play PG in the league right now, and isn't near quick enough. Is he ready to guard CP3, Westbrook, etc? Not a chance.

Last edited:
I agree; things happen off the court. People act like these players aren't kids. Most of the kids we're talking about are only 19-20 years old. They are still kids....

Back