Interesting quote by Willie Warren

Not "kicking Willie out" by any means...his goal has always been to play in the NBA. Personally, I believe it's in his best interests to work on his game as a professional for reasons stated above.

If he does come back, hope WW and TMG can find a way to operate as a backcourt, because for a majority of the year, they have not done a good job.

I agree; things happen off the court. People act like these players aren't kids. Most of the kids we're talking about are only 19-20 years old. They are still kids....
Exactly. I dropped what I posted because the moderators felt that discussion was over. But I completely agree.

At this point he may have no choice but to come back. Is he going to leave college to go play in Europe? At the very least he has played himself out of the first round of the NBA draft, if not worse. I would love to have him back IF he is dedicated to working hard and being a positive influence on this team. Capel needs to sit down with him and have a "come to Jesus". He needs to tell him that if he is coming back next year that he will be on a no tolerance policy and the first sign of him being a negative influence on this team will result in him being dismissed.

Agree with this 100%. Willie hasn't proven anything this year to any NBA GM.

And it's not easy to be a lotto pick, or even a first rounder. You are competing with a lot of people, including more polished foreign players, for a small handfull of spots.

And IMO, a guy with Willie's potential, if he's not a guaranteed 1st rounder, he shouldn't go yet. He'll get there in time, so don't blow it by going early and being a throaway pick that the team has no financial commitment towards developing.

Of course, I'm going by what I see. I don't know what NBA scouts are saying or thinking. Maybe he is a lotto pick still, but he doesn't look it right now to the average fan.

I'd like for Willie to come back. Not everyone is as mature as Blake Griffin; not everyone is ready to jump into the NBA and deal with mo' money.

Another season would help Willie figure out if he's a leader or a sidekick. He could show general managers that he's figured out how to play on both ends of the court. And for OU, the team gets a highly talented basketball player who is hopefully ready to work and get the other guys focused on winning.

mo' money mo' problems

Originally Posted by campbest
Would honestly feel better if he just said "can't wait to get this season over with and turn pro."

I couldn't agree with you more.

We all know that roster looks good on paper. Do you think we'd make the tournament, next year, with it? 2 true freshman again. 1 sophmore that struggled big time as a frosh. A junior that struggled some his sophmore season. Same attitudes. Same poor defensive players. Same chemistry problems. And unless Cade Davis gets hit by a bus, he won't lose his starting spot to Cam. No way, no how.

I see your finally coming around on Cade, welcome.

Im just messing with you, don't take this seriously.

If he comes back with a good attitude and wants to work and get better to help the team and improve his draft stock then I'm all for him coming back. If not then he needs to go,

If he comes back with a good attitude and wants to work and get better to help the team and improve his draft stock then I'm all for him coming back. If not then he needs to go,

I agree. I just think that is a huge IF.

I wish Jeff had recruited/signed more guys in anticipation that Willie would be turning pro after this season. Maybe he did but just didn't get the commits.

I personally think WW needs to declare and turn pro. I think thats where his heart is at.

If his goal is winning a conference championship and making a deep run in the dance, then come on back. If his reasons are to develop a more complete game and build stats then he needs to leave. Having selfish goals will create the same problems next year.

If developing a more complete game is his main goal, he can do that in Europe or the D league and make some scratch while doing it.

Back