Interesting Ray McCallum news

Sooner23

Reaction score
The Phog.net recruiting guru (Eric Bossi) hinted that KU may be backing off recruiting him. He claimed it might be due to the fact the KU coaching staff thinks he might play for his father at Detroit. Stay tuned.

I would be careful since you are sharing info that was posted on a premium site.

so was McCallum a former OU assistant? I thought the news was on the coach and not the recruit

so was McCallum a former OU assistant? I thought the news was on the coach and not the recruit

Yeah, his dad was an assistant under Kelvin for a couple of years I believe. He is now the head coach at Detroit Mercy. The talk is that his son may be thinking stronger now about playing for his father.

Whether he goes to KU or OU or not, I sure hope he doesn't go to Detroit Mercy for the sake of his career.

Coaching is a very covert operation. I don't think it's totally out of the realm that Ray Sr. may have a job lined up at a bigger school. If anything were to happen with Capel, I wouldn't be opposed him coming to OU.

Coaching is a very covert operation. I don't think it's totally out of the realm that Ray Sr. may have a job lined up at a bigger school. If anything were to happen with Capel, I wouldn't be opposed him coming to OU.

Shut yo mouf!

The Phog.net recruiting guru (Eric Bossi) hinted that KU may be backing off recruiting him. He claimed it might be due to the fact the KU coaching staff thinks he might play for his father at Detroit. Stay tuned.

That seems like a weak reason to back off at this point. I hope OU stays after him until he announces his commitment.

Sometimes that is spin to the fans when a school starts to lose ground on a recruit.

Sometimes that is spin to the fans when a school starts to lose ground on a recruit.

I don't think it's a spin when you say you are backing off a recruit because you think he's going to another school. I think that's being real.
A spin would be if you said you were backing off a recruit because you had better options or didn't think he was that good when the real reason is he's leaning towards another school.

Back