Interesting Blurb about OU and Ray Mccallum

steverocks35

Reaction score
"Ray McCallum, PG, 6-1 (Beverly Hills, Mich.)

Twenty-eight years ago, as a young assistant at Ohio University, I coached against former Ball State great Ray McCallum. On Sunday, I watched his son play at the Reebok Summer Championships … and the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

The young McCallum is one of the country's best high school point guards and displays the poise and the basketball IQ of a coach's son. He is equally adept at running a fast-break or a half-court offense and has an excellent understanding of screen-and-roll basketball.

The McCallum family has a tough decision to make because young Ray is not only considering some of the country's best college programs like Oklahoma, Kansas and UCLA, but also the University of Detroit, where his dad is entering his second year as head coach.

As a Titan, McCallum would instantly be one of the best players in the Horizon League. On the other hand, he has been on the national recruiting radar since eighth grade, when his dad was an assistant coach at Oklahoma. There will be no easy answers when it comes time to pick a college for this precocious teenager."

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4363069&name=ncbexperts

Nice to see OU mentioned as one of the best progams in the country

That's right - ESPN better recognize.:clap

I hope he signs with OU. It's hard to tell what he'll decide.

You know I have been hearing different reports from people that I trust on Lil' Ray. Just the other day I got some pretty good information that Ray doesn't care who is on campus. He just wants to go somewhere that he can impact a team immediately. I really hope this is true. Every time I watch this kid's game. I want him on our team. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

The McCallum family has a tough decision to make because young Ray is not only considering some of the country's best college programs like Oklahoma, Kansas and UCLA,
:clap

When the dust settles, I won't be surprised if Ray plays for his Dad.

Thats awesome, that they throw us in with the moniker "some of the country's best college programs"!

I hope he plays ball here, but if he does play with his dad, that would be a pretty awesome story.

Four-star prospect Ray McCallum is UCLA's top point guard recruit, and the Bruins are also recruiting three-star point guard Trevor Releford.

On the wing, Trey Zeigler, McCallum's travel-team teammate, is a top priority. And in the post, Josh Smith is a must-get for coach Ben Howland, who has been to virtually every one of Smith's games this summer.

Seems as these two are a package deal and I don't think OU has a good chance at either one. I actually think OU prefers Clark, Lamb, Scott, McCarter, and Grant over Zeigler.

Back