Is anyone else confused by Coach Capel's actions last night?

htownSOONER

Reaction score
I am not sure what is going on with the rotations?

We begged and pleaded for him to play other people and develop his team all season. Now of a sudden 12 games into it against a ranked team on the road, he decides to develop a bench.

I guess better late than never.

Something nobody has brought up is that it might have been due to illness.

Quick, or somebody else, posted that the team had a bit of the flu bug. If true, and bad enough, maybe coach was going to limit minutes b/c some of the guys couldn't go hard all game.

He's not coaching for the NCAA tournament, he's playing for next year.

DM,

I hope you are wrong because we will be in big trouble if he has come to that conclusion...

To be honest, I can't and shouldn't say that. That's what it appears to me. That's the only explantion I can come up with. To be honest, their havent been alot of games you can run these guys out at because they've all been tough. But you can't not give these guys an opportunity when the guys who have been playing haven't shown they deserve to play.

There is a flu bug going around on the team but Fitz starting had to do with Tiny being disciplined. TMG was sick so that could be why Willis came in although I hope it because he's starting to use his bench more. The only other one I know that was sick was TJ Franklin.

It may have been because his usual starters were not playing or practicing well and it was time to give someone else who just might be interested in going hard a chance. Should have done it some time ago as I think in hindsight.

At this point anything is possible. I'll let you guys know anything I hear like always.

Back