Is Anyone going to miss Juan Patillo

Soonermarty

Reaction score
Will anybody besides me miss seeing Juan on the floor this year? I know he wasn'T "all world", but I liked what he brought to the floor when he played. It is to bad that he blew his opportunity.

Will anybody besides me miss seeing Juan on the floor this year? I know he wasn'T "all world", but I liked what he brought to the floor when he played. It is to bad that he blew his opportunity.

marty,

I am for sure. He could have really helped us this year (especially on the defensive end and on the glass). Oh well, best of luck to him at WKU.

marty,

I am for sure. He could have really helped us this year (especially on the defensive end and on the glass). Oh well, best of luck to him at WKU.

BT

Whats up my man, whats your outlook for the overall season? Deep run in the tourney?

It is unfortunate that Juan will not be out there this year, he could have really helped with the team effort down low.

I will certainly miss Pattillo... He was crazy athletic and would have been the starter at power forward next to Gallon this year.

I will certainly miss the potential and talent that Juan Pattillo had; however, I don't think his bad attitude will be missed at all.

You always miss the aspects of what Patillo would have brought to the floor. He isn't an all-conference type of player, but until our post depth improves, he would of been a MAJOR contributor. Plus, if Capel wanted to go small, he is an ideal candidate.

Baylor won't miss him or Austin Johnson. Those guys were Bear killers.

I will certainly miss Pattillo... He was crazy athletic and would have been the starter at power forward next to Gallon this year.

I don't think he would have started. Tiny has to prove that he can play the 5 and guard the other team's 5. I think it would have been Tiny and Wright/Allen even if Juan had stayed.

Marty,

This team on paper is the most talented OU team that I have seen since I became a fan. I also think this could be the best shooting team that we have had in many years. That said, we are young. Rebounding concerns me. Keeping Tiny out of foul trouble, while still having him be agressive on defense concerns me. I do think that this team has a chance to be top perimeter defense in the Big 12.

One thing is for sure, this club will be fun to watch. :OUbball-logo:

Juan would have been a role player on this team, he provided energy and athleticism but not a lot of skill.

I think he would have played a lot early but his minutes would have gone down as the young guys get acclimated, imo.

The Juan Pattillo we saw early on after his return? No doubt about it! Let's not forget, however, that he was not nearly as good in the last half of the 18 games he participated in.

I would still take what he brought to the team defensively. But only if it did not come with a price that included too many distractions and far too many turnovers in those last few games. This is a very young team, and they definitely do not need any more off-the-court drama than necessary.

It sure would be interesting to have him here starting next to Tiny, but Juan's immaturity would have hurt the team chemistry. Juan has no one to blame but himself for not being here. As far as I'm concerned I hope he gets his act together and goodbye. Coach Capel did the right thing. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Juan had butter fingers or small hands or both, either way the guy was an elevator man, but seemed to miss the big dunks and oops. He was very athletic and would have been needed depth. But he wouldn't have been a starter and I don't think we are worse off without him.

I think he would have matured and improved and cut down on the turnovers had he stayed. He was super athletic and high enegry and provided a boost well the team started to get the dulldrums. He kinda reminded me of Skeeter and Selvy, where you never knew what was going to happen, but you knew something would and quickly.

Yes we will miss him. He was the ying to Wright's yang.

I think that part of the impact Juan made was a result of his mid-season surprise arrival. I think it took a while for teams to adjust their defensive rotations with Blake when Pattillo was on the floor and defensively I think it took a while for teams to adjust to his athleticism. However, after a few weeks his productivity dropped off the table. Teams knew what he could and couldn't do and his impact was almost totally negated. Other than having a decent game against UNC, he was a know show the last month of the year.

On the court, I think you'd always rather have a role player with that kind of athleticism over a role player who isn't as athletic, but the bottom line is that is what he was...a role player. He was a luxury. Also, I hate to say this but he was one of Willie's best friends on the team last year. Knowing what we do about his attitude, I'm totally relieved that I don't have to worry about any subversive attitudes on the team. This year's team is talented and deep, but very inexperienced, so attitude and leadership will be as important as anything to how good this team can be.

Regardless of whether he would have started or not, he would have given us much needed depth up front and an element that we don't currently have. Its just one of those deals where you have to admit that the team would be stronger if we had him, but its ok to acknowledge that he wasn't exactly the best guy to have around. Knowing what I do now, I'd rather play without him.

I will miss the athletic potential that Juan had. What I won't miss was his remarkable talent for picking up a foul every minute.

Back