Is Gallon a 4 year player?

Keith needs to quit being benched for displinary reasons if he wants to stick around and play not only as a pro but at a high level in college also.

Tiny and TMG just need to not hang around Willie because that's probably where the attitude and disciplinary issues come from. They see Willie getting away with it with no consequences and think it's okay. But they do get penalized for it. Personally, I think Coach should make an example of Willie and not let him start. Obviously Coach knows the team better than we do and what not, but something just isn't working. The objective is the same (winning games), but the strategy can change. He has to have options and maybeone of them should be to bench Willie since Willie's attitude shows he doesn't care since he's leaving after this year. Just saying.

Tiny's not starting last night was very minor and something most college kids have done, missed a class.

Should ahev been a 5 year player.

Are you serious?,, how much do you know about basketball,, Tiny could come out right now if he wants to.. late 1st round.. this I know for sure.. 5 years?.. come on.. Lets hope the kid decides to stay another year..

My apologies to DM then. I still get tired of the constant ripping on his game though. Again, if you want to blame someone, blame this coaching staff for not having another big ready to contribute this year. That is what is killing this team.

BigTime, I agree.. Tiny is playing out of positon, he is a PF, not a center. I was talking to a few NBA scout after this last game.. They love Tiny. They know what he can do and they know he is playing out of position. He will be a PF in the league and no it want be over 2 years as some has said.... It is very frustrating for Tiny, you can tell in his game. They said not a single play is set up to go inside.. So with all of this bash Tiny crap, the kid is a kid who is adjusting to his new body.. he know what he can do and it frustrates him. You can tell in his body language.. I am a true Tiny fan, and "I am not Tiny", I followed the kid since high school.. Tiny get more adcolades from Fans outside of OU. These Fans Love Tiny. Even Kentucy some fans have love for the Kid. Tiny,your fans got your back.. You hang in there

P.S. People need to stop making blanket statements without know the facts.. No one but Tiny and the coaches know why Tiny didn't start the game.. It couldn't have been too bad.. He started the 2nd half....

I WAS EXAGGERATING! He acts about as smart as ummm, somebody who needs 5 years. His talent says he should play now. Is he helping or hurting? We'll let's go over the things DM has said about the 3 stars of this team.

Now, Don't ever question my bball knowledge again.

BigTime, I agree.. Tiny is playing out of positon, he is a PF, not a center. I was talking to a few NBA scout after this last game.. They love Tiny. They know what he can do and they know he is playing out of position. He will be a PF in the league and no it want be over 2 years as some has said.... It is very frustrating for Tiny, you can tell in his game. They said not a single play is set up to go inside.. So with all of this bash Tiny crap, the kid is a kid who is adjusting to his new body.. he know what he can do and it frustrates him. You can tell in his body language.. I am a true Tiny fan, and "I am not Tiny", I followed the kid since high school.. Tiny get more adcolades from Fans outside of OU. These Fans Love Tiny. Even Kentucy some fans have love for the Kid. Tiny,your fans got your back.. You hang in there

P.S. People need to stop making blanket statements without know the facts.. No one but Tiny and the coaches know why Tiny didn't start the game.. It couldn't have been too bad.. He started the 2nd half....

Beast,

I sure hope that Tiny makes an informed choice regarding his draft status. I have little doubts that he will be a pro, but I want him to do what his best for him.

I also have noticed that the guards are making a more concerted effort to give Tiny the ball in the post over the past 5 or so games. It is good to see because good things normally happen for the Oklahoma offense when Tiny gets the ball in the block. He is not a black hole.

I suspect that he will be an even larger part of the Oklahoma offense next season.

I am sure he will Greg. That is why I said he needed 5 years. Not really. He is just now learning the post position. Give him a while down there and it will be on.

I don't know of anyone who's not a Tiny fan on this board. However, there's a sentiment for guys like Tiny and WW that keeps them from being able to grow as players and people. If we can't acknowledge when these guys do something wrong, we're not doing them a service. If coaches are handcuffed in how they deal with these guys, what's the use? No one thinks Tiny is not talented. It's painfully obvious. The problem isn't his "position" or if he should be playing the 4 or not. It's not how the coaches use him or if he's getting the ball or not. It's about being able to adjust to changes in a mature way.

I was reading a story about Jerome Maymon, a PF at Marquette. He was a highly recruited guy who is a Dejuan Blair type body prospect. As a freshman this year he was averaging 4pt and 4rbs and about 18 minutes a game. He quit the team in December because he and his father decided Buzz Williams wasn't using him the right way. It got me to thinking, what if this happened to Stacy King, a guy who averaged similar numbers as a freshman. Or Longar, a guy who didn't play for three years. It's a sad commentary about todays AAU/Facebook basketball society. Tyshawn Taylor isn't getting his way and is on Facebook airing out dirty landry. Kids parents are more involved with Jerry Meyers and Jeff Goodman than they are with their academic advisors. I'm not going to be that type of message board apologist. Their's nothing wrong in expecting a little maturity out of a guy like Gallon and Warren and when they get there, I'll be their biggest fan. And when they get there, they'll be better and so will this team.

I agree that Tiny should be a 4 not a 5. At this point, he doesn't look like an NBA player to me, although very few look like NBA players as freshmen. Unfortunately, if he doesn't get a true 5 to play along side, he may never show himself to be a draft worthy player.

I agree that Tiny should be a 4 not a 5. At this point, he doesn't look like an NBA player to me, although very few look like NBA players as freshmen. Unfortunately, if he doesn't get a true 5 to play along side, he may never show himself to be a draft worthy player.

I don't understand how you guys see him at the 4 in the Big 12 conference. Who would he guard? How would he have the endurance to play the 4 in Capel's offense which requires the 4 to play out on the perimeter during some of the time?

Tiny may be a power forward in the league, but there is no way that he is in good enough shape or is quick enough to play that spot right now at OU.

What do the 5 and 4 do differently in standard college lineups? The positions are practically interchangeable. What did he play last year?

What do the 5 and 4 do differently in standard college lineups? The positions are practically interchangeable. What did he play last year?

He played the 4 and 5 (and team basketbal,l something he has not been able to play this year ) They played team basketball at Oakhill and they were 40 and 1 playing a national schedule now they are (12 & 8)

Last edited:
He played the 4 and 5 (and team basketbal,l something he has not been able to play this year ) They played team basketball at Oakhill and they were 40 and 1 playing a national schedule now they are (12 & 8)

LOL @ Oakhill team basketball. You think he went to Oak Hill for team basketball. Oakhill aint nothing but the same thing he's got hear at OU. I see Oakhill didn't make him shed weight. I can't believe you just compared a high school program that recruits top 50 players to play for them to a program that plays againsts good competition on a daily basis. Oak Hill has 4 top 100 players. That's more than the entire state of Oklahoma. None of those guys are even from that area. Wow!!! unbelievable.

Instead of making excuses for Tiny or trying to finger point at the coaching staff, why don't you root him on and hope he improves. If you know Tiny, tell him to keep his head up. If you see him about to give in, tell him keep pushing. Don't give him excuses to lean on. Especially a weak one like playing the 4 vs. 5. And BTW, Tiny's doing fine at the 5, just ask Derrick Character. Just needs to move his feet better on defense.

Its about defense. Which 4s in the Big 12 can Tiny guard right now in man defense?

That would be fantastic if Tiny was here 4 years. Imagine what he and TMG could accomplish if they build a good team around them.

I don't understand how you guys see him at the 4 in the Big 12 conference. Who would he guard? How would he have the endurance to play the 4 in Capel's offense which requires the 4 to play out on the perimeter during some of the time?

Tiny may be a power forward in the league, but there is no way that he is in good enough shape or is quick enough to play that spot right now at OU.

I guess he probably couldn't get up and down the court to guard a 4, but won't that already a problem against more athletic centers? He looks lost defensively underneath anyway. On the other side, I think he would be a much better offensively if he was facing the basket from 10 to 12 feet out.

I guess he probably couldn't get up and down the court to guard a 4, but won't that already a problem against more athletic centers? He looks lost defensively underneath anyway. On the other side, I think he would be a much better offensively if he was facing the basket from 10 to 12 feet out.

I guess I'm coming from a different place, because I don't feel his problem was offense. If he could have had more minutes against Tech, he would have had good numbers. He's good with his back to the basket and he's good 15ft out on teh drive. Really the thing that he does bad in the post is taking too long when he catches it before he starts his move. Once he starts to do that, and starts sealing the defenders on his back before the catch, he'll be even more of a threat offensively.

Back