Is it time to accept that players leaving...

There's no point in turning this into a Kelvin vs Jeff thread. Even though it wasn't as often, this stuff was happening in the Billy Tubbs era as well. The biggest weakness on the '85 team was no true point guard. That only came about because Mark Wade decided to transfer out of the program. Then came another promising player (Shawn Clark) having some problems and he didn't stay long. A couple of years later, we had a top JUCO struggle at OU and his attitude turned sour and he was booted off the team (Ron Roberts). About the same time, Billy inked the sig of a recruit he had pursued since the guy's freshman year in high school (Lance Kroll). That never panned out. Then came all those ineligible players due to grades (Jackie Jones, Smokey McCovery and Damon Patterson)...an on and on and on.

Some of you just want to use this as an excuse to bash Kelvin. Anyone with a half a brain can see that.

Some of you just want to use this as an excuse to bash Kelvin. Anyone with a half a brain can see that.

I agree. I don't think it should be used to bash Kelvin because it was representative of his tenure at OU. Now his last few years he had a lot of problems with turnover but for some reason his last few seasons he had trouble with a lot of stuff. I don't know if the type of student/athletes today and how they have changed a bit was the problem. Maybe Kelvin couldn't adapt or the game just passed him by....I don't know but it I don't really remember turnover being a major problem until right up to the end.

Back