Is Kansas that much better than Last Year?

jordoo

Reaction score
You guys see Kansas alot more than I get to. I did catch the Memphis game and one of their blow outs against "the sisters of the poor and homeless" I saw the UCLA score and have seen UCLA play 2-3 games. Henry is better than Tayler but they are kind of redundant, Collins is soooo overrated but still basically the same player as last year Aldrich seems the same, the Morris twins look to be in better physical shape and they have that one freshman forward who seems really active.

I'm wondering how much better do you guys think Kansas is than last year?

You guys see Kansas alot more than I get to. I did catch the Memphis game and one of their blow outs against "the sisters of the poor and homeless" I saw the UCLA score and have seen UCLA play 2-3 games. Henry is better than Tayler but they are kind of redundant, Collins is soooo overrated but still basically the same player as last year Aldrich seems the same, the Morris twins look to be in better physical shape and they have that one freshman forward who seems really active.

I'm wondering how much better do you guys think Kansas is than last year?

How is Collins soooooo overrated? 14 PPG and 4 APG on a loaded team in only 26 minutes per game looks pretty good to me. He also has improved on his TO's and is shooting 48% from the field and 45% from 3. Not to mention Xavier averaging 16 PPG on 53% from the field, and 50% from 3.

The Morris Twins are the biggest difference. They have totally transformed their bodies and are now playing hard on both ends of the floor consistently. They are both around 10 and 5 a game in only 20 MPG.

We haven't seen KU be tested yet so it is really hard to say but they lost no one from last year, have 2 AA's returning, have one of the Top 3 freshman in the country right now (plus 2 other Top 30 recruits), and Morningstar hasn't even played yet. Also, Tyshawn Taylor has played like doo doo so far.

I think the biggest thing is not many people can go 4 deep in the post with as much talent as KU does and that's before Jeff Withey (a 7'0 Top 40 recruit) is eligible. Very similar to the '08 team in terms of depth.

Last edited:
How is Collins soooooo overrated? 14 PPG and 4 APG on a loaded team in only 26 minutes per game looks pretty good to me. He also has improved on his TO's and is shooting 48% from the field and 45% from 3. Not to mention Xavier averaging 16 PPG on 53% from the field, and 50% from 3.

The Morris Twins are the biggest difference. They have totally transformed their bodies and are now playing hard on both ends of the floor consistently. They are both around 10 and 5 a game in only 20 MPG.

We haven't seen KU be tested yet so it is really hard to say but they lost no one from last year, have 2 AA's returning, have one of the Top 3 freshman in the country right now (plus 2 other Top 30 recruits), and Morningstar hasn't even played yet. Also, Tyshawn Taylor has played like doo doo so far.

I think the biggest thing is not many people can go 4 deep in the post with as much talent as KU does and that's before Jeff Withey (a 7'0 Top 40 recruit) is eligible. Very similar to the '08 team in terms of depth.

This is starting to get really old. Either add something to the thread, or ignore the posters that bother you. Thanks in advance.

greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Collins is just solid as a rock, that's the thing. Show me Collins losing a game for them, it won't happen. What else makes KU good this year? Tell me how you attack them. They really are solid all over the court. Make no mistake, KU will be very hard to beat this year.

Think of us last year. If you did the same player-by-player analysis you would say that 3/5 of the starting lineup was unspectacular and we had almost no bench. Thing was, it was a great mix of super talent and solid players, so they would have had one loss going into the big 12 tourney had Blake not gotten injured. That is what Kansas is, a few superstars and then SOLID.

Please stop responding to him. It doesn't help anything.

greg

Last edited by a moderator:

Is this a KU forum or an OU one? Between Cheno and this guy I am not sure.

(btw nothing wrong with this post in particular)

To answer my man Jordoo, who I had a spirited debate and I believe a bet pay off over Cuse vs. OU, KU is much better. No more talent on any roster than KU's roster. Last year KU was the third best team in the conference last year. This year this KU team vs. last year's big12 with Griffin, Griffin, Lyons and Carroll, KU would be the best big 12 team. KU has everything you need to dominate. Unbelievable shot blocker, Multiple high level rebounders, top level team defense, multiple guys that can knock down three point shots, two back to the bucket scorers, veterans, a true PG, and a Superstar. They are better than UNC of last year. I'd take Collins, Aldrich, Taylor, and Henry over UNCs top 4 in the same progression of age.

It's funny how KU fans hate Calipari. If he didn't make this move, KU would be without Henry, who is undoubtedly their best player.

I despise KU and was incredibly pissed Blake wasnt there so we could have finally beat them last year. Must be like how Okie St feels against us in football.

That being said they have to be the clear #1 team in the nation and I dont think its even close. Initially I was wondering if they'd lose more then 2-3 games this year, at this point who knows. They got way too much talent, experience, and that douche Henry looks like a legit 20 ppg NBA 2 guard. I mean serious what are their weaknesses besides being stupid enough to think a bunch of 180 lb nothing (for the most part) basketball players can take on animals who play football.

KU is explosive. I was watching the KU/LaSalle game and at one point LaSalle is up like 21-20 or something like that. I flip back over a couple minutes later and KU is up by 10. We have a lot of work to do before we go there and play them this year.

I despise KU and was incredibly pissed Blake wasnt there so we could have finally beat them last year. Must be like how Okie St feels against us in football.

That being said they have to be the clear #1 team in the nation and I dont think its even close. Initially I was wondering if they'd lose more then 2-3 games this year, at this point who knows. They got way too much talent, experience, and that douche Henry looks like a legit 20 ppg NBA 2 guard. I mean serious what are their weaknesses besides being stupid enough to think a bunch of 180 lb nothing (for the most part) basketball players can take on animals who play football.

It wasn't too long ago that OU was kicking KU's butt.

My friend (huge KU hater) offered me 200-1 odds that they wouldn't go undefeated this year...really thought about taking it.

It wasn't too long ago that OU was kicking KU's butt.

you're right, comparing OU in basketball to the Pokes in football isnt fair because at least OU BBall isnt an absolute joke.

I want a win for the Capel regime, something that hasnt happened yet and at this point isnt likely to happen this year.

Next year hopefully with the mass exodus of all the KU guys after another championship or whatever.

Psh. Kansas? Sean Sutton beat the NCAA Championship team. Big Whoop.

you're right, comparing OU in basketball to the Pokes in football isnt fair because at least OU BBall isnt an absolute joke.

I want a win for the Capel regime, something that hasnt happened yet and at this point isnt likely to happen this year.

Next year hopefully with the mass exodus of all the KU guys after another championship or whatever.

Capel just hasn't had the luck that Self has had in keeping players around. If Tiny/TMG/Clark stay around for 3 years a piece OU is going to be very, very good.

Back