Is Orlando Allen that bad?

htownSOONER

Reaction score
Every time I have seen him play for the most part he would hustle, he would rebound, he would defend the paint.

Can we not play him any minutes at all?

I just don't understand it. Someone with his size could be used no matter have much skill he has

Why sign him, Hardrick, and whoever else on the bench if they can't help?

Pittman at Texas wasn't any better than Orlando when he was a frosh, and Barnes put him out there and let him learn. Look at what he is now. Not saying Orlando could reach that level, but seems like he could at least burn minutes with defense and rebounding.

What is he going to do? His recognition, condition, and athleticism aren't good enough to man the middle and block shots and rebound. That's what we need. He'll give up more points than prevent.

But hey, let's give him a shot. Maybe we can play Tiny on the offensive end, and sub him on defense.

that was a joke.

I think it would be nice to see Orlando take Wright's minutes for five or six games and see what he can do. FWIW, Orlando is averaging 1.5 points and 2.5 rebounds in 7.7 minutes per game. Wright is averaging 3.3 points and 3.7 rebounds in 17.5 minutes per game. Orlando also has four blocked shots to Wright's seven, and he's played in five less games. Food for thought.

Why sign him, Hardrick, and whoever else on the bench if they can't help?

Pittman at Texas wasn't any better than Orlando when he was a frosh, and Barnes put him out there and let him learn. Look at what he is now. Not saying Orlando could reach that level, but seems like he could at least burn minutes with defense and rebounding.

You nailed it. PITTMAN with that 300 lbs put fear in people driving to the basket. Capel needs to preach his people to play UGLY and TOUGH. That's why defense is all about.

You nailed it. PITTMAN with that 300 lbs put fear in people driving to the basket. Capel needs to preach his people to play UGLY and TOUGH. That's why defense is all about.

pittman has talent and grew up with the game.

Did you watch Pittman when he was a freshman? He was slow and can't hardly moved. He was worse off than Orlando now. Barnes played him because he needed a big body in the middle. Durant was playing wing forward and too skinny to defend bigger and stronger post.

Did you watch Pittman when he was a freshman? He was slow and can't hardly moved. He was worse off than Orlando now. Barnes played him because he needed a big body in the middle. Durant was playing wing forward and too skinny to defend bigger and stronger post.

Pittman was fat. But even then, he was skilled. O is uncoditioned and underskilled. With Pittman, you knew if he got conditioned, with his footwork, hands, and touch around the basket, he could be productive. o has no footwork, hands, or touch around the basket.

Why did he play last year? He took minutes from Ryan Wright in the last half of the Big XII season.

That makes no sense to me.

Why did he play last year? He took minutes from Ryan Wright in the last half of the Big XII season.

That makes no sense to me.

he didn't play last year. he played chump minutes down the stretch to give Blake a breather between timeout breaks. He probably practiced hard. He seems to have great heart. He is just underskilled and seems lost on the court at times.

Pittman had skill when he arrived at UT...hell, Barnes wouldn't have recruited someone like Allen/Pittman if they didn't have skills.

Pittman just needed to lose weight, which he has.

Big O has had some personal issues and his mind isn't where it should be. I'm not sure if that's why he isn't playing but I'm sure he and Capel have discussed it and that could very well be what's going on. It's the only thing I can think of that would keep him off the floor.

he didn't play last year. he played chump minutes down the stretch to give Blake a breather between timeout breaks. He probably practiced hard. He seems to have great heart. He is just underskilled and seems lost on the court at times.

And Ryan doesn't? All Ryan knows is pick and roll and rebound, and he can't even do those well enough. Orlando can attempt a pick and roll every time down the court and rebound just as well. I say give Big O some of Ryan's minutes each game to prepare him a little more for next year.

Ryan wright learned to catch from Adron tennell.. The two worst players ever at ou besides Chris walker.. We need real bigs asap.. Gallon is lights years ahead of those two and is going to be really good.. I see big 12 poy potential.. But we need some bigs to supplement him.. Dang patillo....

Last edited:
I too question the roles on the various players.
What happened to Fitzgerald?

Why did Pledger drop off the face of the earth? seemed like his only contribution last night was to take the the game ending fouls

Back