Is Ryan Wright having a Canadian affect on recruiting

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Richard Peters refered to Wright when he committed and we are also being listed by a few other canadians including Cory Joseph. Is this because of Ryan?

Ryan was one of the first in the wave of talented basketball players from Canada. There are quite a few Canadian athletes who really look up to Wright as a basketball player, including Peters especially. Having said that, I absolutely think Ryan is a big, big part of coach Capel and coach Cline getting in good with Canadian prospects early on.. and it doesn't end with Joseph. There are some 2012 Canadians who OU is already a player with, as well. There is quite a group of Canadian basketball players coming to The States over the next several years.

I certainly think so. A guy like Ryan seems like an easy kid for others to like. Also, he plays for Oklahoma. What Canadian does not want to play for Oklahoma... AND where Ryan played at! I know I would!

Ryan is a great guy to have in our program. He is very intelligent and articulate. He is well liked by his teammates, and respected by his coaches. He also loves the University of Oklahoma.

It can't hurt having Ryan around. He was a big recruit when he came out of HS. He as not had a big year yet, but I expect him to come through this year.

Back