Jeff Capel and Paul Hewitt?

I'm not a blind follower. I've been very disturbed by this season. But to write a guy off or compare him to Quinn snyder when he's one year removed from the elite 8 is ridiculous. Now if next year is like this then we'll talk.

It is comical, if you ask me.

I would rather have getting in the tournament every year, than two out of the four years in the tournament.

To me, it depends on if we're winning once we're there. Billy won 15 games in 14 years. Kelvin won 11 in 12 years. If my math is correct, that's 26 wins in 26 years. Jeff Capel has won 4 games in 4 years. As long as he keeps the pace in NCAA Tournament wins, he'll have a job at OU.

To me, it depends on if we're winning once we're there. Billy won 15 games in 14 years. Kelvin won 11 in 12 years. If my math is correct, that's 26 wins in 26 years. Jeff Capel has won 4 games in 4 years. As long as he keeps the pace in NCAA Tournament wins, he'll have a job at OU.

I am not saying he will or will not keep his job. All I am saying is that (me as a OU basketball fan) I want a chance to be in the Big Dance every year. With at least a chance to have an impact on the tournament. Not a year when we know from the beginning of January that we dont have a chance of even making the tournament. Is very upsetting to me. Like I have said. I think Coach Capel is a very good basketball coach. I think we need to go with a different option at this point. The history of OU basketball is GREAT. and the last two out of four years have been very disappointing. Even with Sampson leaving the cupboard very bare. When Sampson get here, I think he did a better job than Capel has done.

Back