Jeff Capel in Oregon

SammyB

Reaction score
updated on his twitter that he's in portland oregon, that may just mean one thing ;)

updated on his twitter that he's in portland oregon, that may just mean one thing ;)

Welcome to the board, SammyB.

I heard that Coach Capel likes to go up to Oregon to smell the fresh pine tree scent in the cool, crisp air. :)

What does it mean? Could mean several things. But I hope it means that T.J. wants to confirm his commitment. PLEASE, MAKE IT SO.

I heard that Coach Capel likes to go up to Oregon to smell the fresh pine tree scent in the cool, crisp air.

It is a wonderful smell.

I'm fairly certain he's there to watch one of Eric Maynor's games with the Jazz.

I'm fairly certain he's there to watch one of Eric Maynor's games with the Jazz.

I'm not sure about the Jazz-Blazers game, but I did hear he was watching Terrence Jones practice in the gym today.

What are the rules when it comes to Coach watching him practice? Maybe a stupid question, but what is allowed to happen when a coach watches a guy practice. I ask A) because I really don't know, and B) because I just hope he at least sees Capel there in attendence.

What are the rules when it comes to Coach watching him practice? Maybe a stupid question, but what is allowed to happen when a coach watches a guy practice. I ask A) because I really don't know, and B) because I just hope he at least sees Capel there in attendence.

He'll see him in attendance, but they are not allowed to talk. Usually consists of a coach standing against the wall or sitting in the bleachers as a player goes through workouts/practice. The coach is allowed to have contact with the coach, but no direct contact with the player other than a nod of acknowledgment. At least that's my interpretation of the rule.

Man he is working hard! To Portland and back on a day's trip and ready to get back to work, and practice! haha I love this man, as your coach!

:jcapel :capelspin :clap :woot :ed

Jeff Capel's Twitter said:
Boarding a red-eye back to OK now. Had a gr8 trip to the pacific NW. Well worth it! Have to get back to get ready for practice 2morrow.

Jeff Capel's Twitter

We must have a helluva recruiting budget for airplanes!

Well worth it??? Maybe some sort of commit? I know I'm reaching, but that sounds very promising...[/QUOTE]

I think it's more that he realizes players (e.g. Terrence Jones) will read his Twitter. It sounds good to the kid when he says the trip was worth it if he just went and watched the guy practice for a couple hours.

Whatever it means - he is putting together some kind of talent soon to be in Norman!

Did T.J. have a game last night? That would be pretty big, having Capel fly all the way up there to watch a game live. Tons of people would have noticed him there. Would have made T.J. feel really special.

Did T.J. have a game last night? That would be pretty big, having Capel fly all the way up there to watch a game live. Tons of people would have noticed him there. Would have made T.J. feel really special.

TJ is special. Hopefully he brings it to Oklahoma.

Back