JessieW...this ones for you pal...

elmocarp

Reaction score
You've posted all over this board about how UCLA's narrow victory in an exhibition has swung the door shut on its recruiting season. I think its pretty funny that you believe it carries this much weight in your mind. In fact, I've noticed you posted a couple of times that TJ was monitoring the scores (in one point you even suggested that the entire west coast was getting real time score updates). Your delusions are disturbing.

So you think that a poor performance on the court gives Arizona an advantage over UCLA? Its interesting how you choose which performances will effect recruiting and which won't...Let's look at a couple of facts...

2006 season:

Arizona goes 20-13, loses in the second round of the tournament.
UCLA goes 32-7, loses in the Championship game to the Gators.

UCLA also went 3-0 against Arizona that year.

2007 season:

Arizona goes 20-11, loses in the first round of the tournament.
UCLA goes 30-6, loses in the Final Four to the Gators.

UCLA also went 2-0 against Arizona that year.

2008 season

Arizona goes 19-15, loses in the first round of the tournament.
UCLA goes 35-4, loses in the Final Four to Memphis.

2009 season

Arizona goes 21-14, loses in the Sweet Sixteen.
UCLA goes 26-9, loses in the second round.

Arizona finally got a home win, going 1-1 against the Bruins.

And in a year where Arizona overachieved and UCLA disappointed, Arizona finished 6th in the Pac-10, while UCLA finished 2nd. And while Arizona's Sweet 16 trip must have seemed nice, they got there by beating Utah and Cleveland State only to lose to Louisville by 39 (Louisville promptly went out and lost the next game), while UCLA lost to Final Four team Villanova in the second round.

And if you want to look at getting guys into the pros, UCLA has put 7 guys into the league in that time (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Darren Collison, Jrue Holiday, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love, Aaron Afflalo and Jordan Farmer). Arizona has put three in...Jordan Hill in the first round last year, Chase Buddinger in the second round last year, and Marcus Williams in the second round a couple of years ago, and already out of the league.

Phew...

So, do you think that lack of success on the court might factor into a recruit's decision? Or is a lackluster exhibition game more important? What do you honestly think?

You know, doing all this has made me realize why you are so desperate and pathetic in your posts about UCLA...I might be that way too if I were an Arizona fan. I mean, the last four years UCLA has gone 123-26 while Arizona has gone 80-53 (UCLA also has a 14-4 tournament record in that span, Arizona's is 4-4) and UCLA has beaten Arizona 8 out of 9 games. I might be desperate to find things wrong with UCLA too...

And none of this even factors in Lute Olson's shameful ride into the sunset or the athletic department's drawn-out botch job of getting a new coach installed.

And as far as any kids OU is in on against Arizona, I don't think Capel is classless enough to say it but I am...he should just tell them, "Really? Arizona? You do know I could have coached there if I'd wanted to, right?"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZjK6dnZcFk&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZjK6dnZcFk&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
And as far as any kids OU is in on against Arizona, I don't think Capel is classless enough to say it but I am...he should just tell them, "Really? Arizona? You do know I could have coached there if I'd wanted to, right?"

That was really the nail in the coffin. I would almost feel bad for JessieW if I didn't think he was a bot designed by someone whose first language isn't english.

Elmocrap,

Yes, TJ was being informed of the game while the game was on-going.
Coaches talk to TJ on a daily basis.
This is a FIVE STAR recuit.
This is basic understanding.

In addition, YOU have zero knowledge of the PAC10.
How many PAC10 teams are on TJ list.
And all of them are fighting eachother for TJ.
It does get dirty- fighting.

UCLA's door is SHUT!
ucla has ZERO chance on TJ.

If I am right....YOUR comments look embarrassing.

Lets see how it ends...and we will revisit this thread.

PS- JessieW has been going against ucla for many years.
Not alot of love there. LOL

Last edited:
JessieW aren't you a AZ fan? Why do you care about T.J. he isn't even taking an official visit to AZ, you have no chance at getting him. UCLA on the other hand has a descent shot at him, as with OU and UW.

Elmocrap,

UCLA's door is SHUT!

Mr. W, what you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Guys, this is getting too personal. There is an ignore feature which is designed to prevent you from reading posts from anyone you don't care for. This is a good time for some of you to put that feature to good use.

Mr. W, what you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
A simple "no" would've done just fine.

Elmocrap,

UCLA's door is SHUT!

His name is elmocArp not elmocRap. My god it is like you are in the third grade.

You are a tool

tool.jpg

Let me repeat Norm's post for those who might have missed it:

Guys, this is getting too personal. There is an ignore feature which is designed to prevent you from reading posts from anyone you don't care for. This is a good time for some of you to put that feature to good use.

Let's keep it real, people! You all know how to make your point and continue to be respectful of others. Please get back on topic and post with civility from this point forward. Thanks in advance!

Elmocrap,

UCLA's door is SHUT!

Jessie,

That's all very interesting, but could you address the main point of my post? I didn't just do it to call you out...My entire point is that you are suggesting that a lackluster exhibition performance is going to sway a kid from considering UCLA, while for the last four years Arizona has had a very lackluster regular season and post season performance while UCLA has been rolling. That is my question...why do you think one is more important than the other?

Oh, and a quick side note inspired by the Billy Madison references and JessieW mocking my Carpage...Can anyone name the movie that ElmoCarp is a reference to? Little hint: its a pretty awful movie with one spectacularly brilliant comic performance in it. Ten billion bonus points for the first to get it...

Mrs. Dingman...
I'm Elmo Carp, pool rep.
Your husband and I were up here discussing your swimming pool options.

- Envy

You've posted all over this board about how UCLA's narrow victory in an exhibition has swung the door shut on its recruiting season. I think its pretty funny that you believe it carries this much weight in your mind. In fact, I've noticed you posted a couple of times that TJ was monitoring the scores (in one point you even suggested that the entire west coast was getting real time score updates). Your delusions are disturbing.

So you think that a poor performance on the court gives Arizona an advantage over UCLA? Its interesting how you choose which performances will effect recruiting and which won't...Let's look at a couple of facts...

2006 season:

Arizona goes 20-13, loses in the second round of the tournament.
UCLA goes 32-7, loses in the Championship game to the Gators.

UCLA also went 3-0 against Arizona that year.

2007 season:

Arizona goes 20-11, loses in the first round of the tournament.
UCLA goes 30-6, loses in the Final Four to the Gators.

2008 season

Arizona goes 19-15, loses in the first round of the tournament.
UCLA goes 35-4, loses in the Final Four to Memphis.

2009 season

Arizona goes 21-14, loses in the Sweet Sixteen.
UCLA goes 26-9, loses in the second round.

Arizona finally got a home win, going 1-1 against the Bruins.

And in a year where Arizona overachieved and UCLA disappointed, Arizona finished 6th in the Pac-10, while UCLA finished 2nd. And while Arizona's Sweet 16 trip must have seemed nice, they got there by beating Utah and Cleveland State only to lose to Louisville by 39 (Louisville promptly went out and lost the next game), while UCLA lost to Final Four team Villanova in the second round.

And if you want to look at getting guys into the pros, UCLA has put 7 guys into the league in that time (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Darren Collison, Jrue Holiday, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love, Aaron Afflalo and Jordan Farmer). Arizona has put three in...Jordan Hill in the first round last year, Chase Buddinger in the second round last year, and Marcus Williams in the second round a couple of years ago, and already out of the league.

Phew...

So, do you think that lack of success on the court might factor into a recruit's decision? Or is a lackluster exhibition game more important? What do you honestly think?

You know, doing all this has made me realize why you are so desperate and pathetic in your posts about UCLA...I might be that way too if I were an Arizona fan. I mean, the last four years UCLA has gone 123-26 while Arizona has gone 80-53 (UCLA also has a 14-4 tournament record in that span, Arizona's is 4-4) and UCLA has beaten Arizona 8 out of 9 games. I might be desperate to find things wrong with UCLA too...

And none of this even factors in Lute Olson's shameful ride into the sunset or the athletic department's drawn-out botch job of getting a new coach installed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZjK6dnZcFk&feature=related

Elmo, my friend:

I know you are utilizing logic and reasoning to make a rational point for jessiew to consider...but why? You know he can't read or process information at an age-appropriate level, is it worth your time?

All that said, it is amazing when you look at the state of the Arizona program...it has been relatively dismal as of late.

Thanks for looking out, but I'm pretty sure he intended it...

I know he did. I was stating that he finds the same things funny that a third grader would by doing stuff like changing the letters in the name.

Mrs. Dingman...
I'm Elmo Carp, pool rep.
Your husband and I were up here discussing your swimming pool options.

- Envy

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner...If anyone can stand to watch that movie, do it at least to see Christopher Walken in it as the J-Man, a.k.a. Elmo Carp. Comedy gold, culminating with his rendition of the Happy Wanderer...

Back