Joe Castiglione on alcohol sales at OU athletic events

I hope OU does‘n’t get desperate enough for more $$$ by introducing beer sales. Plenty of good opportunity to have a few beers prior to the game and support local businesses.

I was a Chiefs ticket holder for about 10 years. 98% of fans were responsible. Then you had the 2% who had been drinking at tailgate non-stop and then instead of sobering during the game they went the extra mile and got rip-roaring drunk. Too many fights and F-bombs and not very kid friendly.

I see far less of that at OU games and hope it stays that way. Might be that the fans are mostly better but I would hate to see an experiment with beer. Fans are packed so tightly at football games I could see the potential for a lot of trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beer sales are coming to OU sports sooner rather than later

FYI, beer sales coming to all Oklahoma State sports this fall, basketball and football included.

Link

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article215038470.html

I don't care enough one way or the other to get worked up about this topic, but this article makes some good points on both sides. Another thing I've seen is people sneaking hard liquor into games when they know beer isn't sold. Interesting that KSU is even considering it, because with Snyder running the show, that isn't exactly the school I would expect to start selling beer!

FYI, beer sales coming to all Oklahoma State sports this fall, basketball and football included.

Link

From that story: "Weiberg said Thursday he did not have an estimate for the amount of revenue beer sales will bring to the athletic department. He said it isn’t the driving factor behind this decision....

“'It really does come back to the fan experience...'"

Right. It's not about the money at all.

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article215038470.html

I don't care enough one way or the other to get worked up about this topic, but this article makes some good points on both sides. Another thing I've seen is people sneaking hard liquor into games when they know beer isn't sold. Interesting that KSU is even considering it, because with Snyder running the show, that isn't exactly the school I would expect to start selling beer!

The people sneaking in the liquor aren't getting hammered on it though, b/c they can only sneak in a small amount.

I hope OU does‘n’t get desperate enough for more $$$ by introducing beer sales. Plenty of good opportunity to have a few beers prior to the game and support local businesses.

I was a Chiefs ticket holder for about 10 years. 98% of fans were responsible. Then you had the 2% who had been drinking at tailgate non-stop and then instead of sobering during the game they went the extra mile and got rip-roaring drunk. Too many fights and F-bombs and not very kid friendly.

I see far less of that at OU games and hope it stays that way. Might be that the fans are mostly better but I would hate to see an experiment with beer. Fans are packed so tightly at football games I could see the potential for a lot of trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more opsooner and I have had the same experience at a Chiefs game with my sons. Here is a novel concept, if you want to drink alcohol, go to a restaurant or bar, if you want to watch a sporting event, go to a sporting event.

I'm not sure I would want to sit next to someone at a sporting event who wouldn't be there if it weren't for the beer.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't.

Agree 100%....and this from someone who enjoys their bourbon....albeit at home 90+% of the time.

I couldn't agree more opsooner and I have had the same experience at a Chiefs game with my sons. Here is a novel concept, if you want to drink alcohol, go to a restaurant or bar, if you want to watch a sporting event, go to a sporting event.

When I go to a restaurant I just want to eat food and drink non alcoholic beverages. If you want to drink alcohol, go to a bar. If you want to eat food, go to a restaurant.

When I go to a restaurant I just want to eat food and drink non alcoholic beverages. If you want to drink alcohol, go to a bar. If you want to eat food, go to a restaurant.

lol ok

I guess restaurants shouldn't have coke or tea or dessert either

I thought I cranked up the sarcasm enough so that it would be obvious.

Back