John Wall throws down on Stackhouse

PG: John Wall-6'4'' 195 (likely #1 pick in NBA draft)
PG: Eric Bledsoe-6'1'' 190 (#23 overall player)
SF: Darnell Dodson-6'7'' 215 (4-star juco player, Jerry Meyer heard he could be pro caliber player)
PF: Patrick Patterson-6'9'' 245 (1st team All Sec)
C: DeMarcus Cousins-6'11'' 260 (#1 power forward nationally, #2 overall player)

Wow, they are crazy talented.

Kentucky is the most talented team from a future NBA perspective. But if I were betting, I would give the advantage to Kansas, Texas, Michigan State, Villanova or Purdue to win the national championship.

The main reason is veteran guard leadership. Wall and Bledsoe are ultra talented future NBA stars. But they are also reckless and do not value every possession and I have my doubts that this will be changed by the end of the year.

Ball control when talent becomes equalized is important and for that reason, I give the advantage to those teams with veteran guards: Kansas (Collins), Texas (Balbay, Lucas), MSU (Lucas), Villanova (Reynolds, Fisher) and Purdue (Moore, Kramer).

Baylor with Carter and Dunn have that same vetern guard leadership . . .

Texas? Please. They can't even win the Big XII tournament. They will never win the NCAA tournament.

I agree it will take a little time for Kentucky to gel but come tournament time they will put the most talented team on the floor and have a fighters chance.

Texas? Please. They can't even win the Big XII tournament. They will never win the NCAA tournament.

I agree it will take a little time for Kentucky to gel but come tournament time they will put the most talented team on the floor and have a fighters chance.

Don't get me wrong- I despise Texas and hope they get knocked out early in the tournament. But realistically, they have comparable talent to Kentucky (highly touted freshmen- Bradley/Hamilton) and tough post players (Pittman, James, Johnson). The difference is that their primary ball handlers are more careful with the basketball than UK's guys.

Soonersam- excellent point. I didn't want you to think it went unnoticed by me. And with the next Tim Duncan, anything is possible...

I'm interested in seeing how Calipari handles playing in a real conference for a change.

Kentucky should win the national championship with all that talent

Kentucky should win the national championship with all that talent

Kansas has 4 first round draft picks in their starting lineup, and 3 of them have extensive experience.. Nobody on Kentuckys squad has that kind of experience.

Back