Jones, Ross and N'Diaye news

Sooner23

Reaction score
Word on the street is that Terrence Jones, Terrence Ross and Aziz N'Diaye will be visiting Washington a week from Saturday when they play UCLA. Apparently ESPN Gameday will be in town with the game on in primetime and all that jazz.

But there's more. Check out this news on Jones, Ross and N'Diaye from this reporter whose bio says he "has been following Basketball with an emphasis on the Washington Huskies for 40 years." so take it for what it's worth I guess..........

The word on the street is that Jones is very likely leaning to Washington in light of the recent fall like a rock of Ernie Kent and the Oregon Ducks, who were thought to be the biggest competition for him. Location is a huge factor for Jones, as he really wants to be close to family. He may play various recruiting "games" before signing, but sources on a major staff told us that they have stopped recruiting him because they feel that he is headed to Washington.

Jones continues to be mentioned as a serious prospect for Kentucky by the national recruiting media, as he was this week by Rival's Jerry Meyer, but sources close to the situation are telling us that Washington is in great shape for Jones.

N'Diaye could be a very solid option for the Dawgs. The Twin Falls paper reported on his Oklahoma trip, where the best thing he could say about the Sooners was that, "I want to see the options I have and find the best fit". With a trip to Washington apparently next week, according to our source, that decision on his part may be coming soon. According to the article Aziz has visited "Oregon State and Loyola Marymount", but another team that is reportedly interested is Duke.

According to Scout the Blue Devils are no longer interested in 2010 UW wing recruit Terrence Ross who has been spotted back in Portland. Ross like Jones has been reported to have some problems due to academics that may make it harder for UW than Oregon or Kentucky, both of which are going hard after both kids.

http://mynorthwest.com/?sid=282949&nid=519

ouch. If OU was to strike out on N'Diaye and Jones, who is our next choice?

I don't know if OU is recruiting him yet (I know Colorado is), but Antione Lundy at Neosho County could be someone to look at. He is 6'8'' 235 and averages 20 points and 14 rebounds per game in Jayhawk Conference games, the 14 boards per leads the league. He can step out and shoot too.

Jucos Antonio Smith, Jawanza Poland and Robert Goff are the only real legit names we've heard about so far. I'm sure Capel/Cline are in on other players, but the info just isn't out there.

Of course Antonio Smith says he has 38 schools after him and nobody seems to know for certain if Poland and Goff are going back for another year of juco or eligible to sign this fall. Poland and Goff would be nice backup options, IMO, if we lose out on the big three in the original post.

Fiddle sticks! And just when I was getting excited about next season again. :mad:

This guy could also be the James Hale of Washington. Everybody love UW and really are only looking to go there. I'm not saying that UW doesn't probably lead for Jones and possibly Ross, but N'Diaye? If you want exposure, it isn't up in the Pacific Northwest where most of your games aren't going to be until people are asleep in the East. I don't really like the part about academics. We've had enough problems with players staying eligible over the years. Also, must be the UW is harder to get into than the rest of the Pac-10 because the article about CU to the Pac-10 states that it would be easier for CU to get players in because the Big XII standards are higher than Pac-10.

I think we all knew that jones and Ross were a long shot if we were even still in the runnings for them. But I really expected more interest from the 7 footer... I mean we have not heard anything from him about his visit.

I just don't understand why bigs are not chasing us. U get to play with a great pg and have a chance to start from day one... Plus we just had alot of low post exposure from Blake

That doesn't sound too promising.

I wouldn't read too much into that story. The media is not exactly the most ethical profession in the world.

The kid could have said "I loved my trip, Norman was great" and then "I want to see the options I have".

It didn't necessarily sound like N'Daiye was discounting OU. I kinda read that quote as saying he wasn't really going to make too many comments for people to read into, but the reporter spun it to not saying anything positive about his visit. It seemed like a fancy way to not say anything.

Reading that article about those 3 took me from thinking we might be able to rebound next year to thinking we will get none of those 3 guys and be worse off next year than we are this year, unless Warren and Tiny were to both come back and have their heads on straight, and thats a big IF.

N'Diaye could be a very solid option for the Dawgs. The Twin Falls paper reported on his Oklahoma trip, where the best thing he could say about the Sooners was that, "I want to see the options I have and find the best fit". With a trip to Washington apparently next week, according to our source, that decision on his part may be coming soon. According to the article Aziz has visited "Oregon State and Loyola Marymount", but another team that is reportedly interested is Duke.

AZIZ N’DAYE, C, 7’1, 230, COLLEGE OF SOUTHERN IDAHO:

"OU is a great school and they have great coaches. Coach Capel has a great staff and they can help you get better. So far I have been very impressed and that was a good visit to Oklahoma."

:confused:

ESPN gameday must be getting pretty desperate to have to settle for a Pac-10 game. And I have to second the notion that this author is a Husky James Hale (reference to UW, not his weight)

ESPN gameday must be getting pretty desperate to have to settle for a Pac-10 game. And I have to second the notion that this author is a Husky James Hale (reference to UW, not his weight)

Games are scheduled a year in advance so thats why they are going there and the fact that they travel to each conference at least once.

Washington is a great school academically and set in a fantastic location with a great coach. It's close to home for Jones and Ross (if Romar is indeed recruiting Ross). I've felt they were in the lead the last few weeks for Jones because both he and his mother have nothing but good things to say about Romar. They love Capel also I'm sure, but OU is a lot farther from Portland than Seattle.

As for exposure....there's plenty on the west coast from San Diego to Seattle.

This guy could also be the James Hale of Washington. Everybody love UW and really are only looking to go there. I'm not saying that UW doesn't probably lead for Jones and possibly Ross, but N'Diaye? If you want exposure, it isn't up in the Pacific Northwest where most of your games aren't going to be until people are asleep in the East. I don't really like the part about academics. We've had enough problems with players staying eligible over the years. Also, must be the UW is harder to get into than the rest of the Pac-10 because the article about CU to the Pac-10 states that it would be easier for CU to get players in because the Big XII standards are higher than Pac-10.

Exactly! That entire article reeked of bias.

Exactly! That entire article reeked of bias.

OK, well, I just read through a thread on the Washington Scout premium board talking about this update and most of the posters there indeed do think the author of this blog (Jim Basnight) is a homer and a clown.

One of them even posted this video of him. :ez-laugh:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dg73E_fv9E[/ame]

FWIW, I've read some posts from "insiders" on a couple of other sites out West (UCLA, Washington, Oregon) who say that they're hearing Terrence Ross may have to reclassify for 2011 and go to a prep school next year. There's also some talk that Terrence Jones has work to do to qualify.

Back