K.C. Ross-Miller to LSU

Sam

Reaction score
Per rivals.com, guess we aren't going that route for a back up point guard next season.

Not a big deal... didn't understand the need for him.

Not a big deal... didn't understand the need for him.
The same reason we would get a back up juco PG like Kendall Durant, a true PG to back up TMG next season.

The same reason we would get a back up juco PG like Kendall Durant, a true PG to back up TMG next season.

Durant would be more of a combo guard... he could come in and play minutes at the 1 and 2. As far as I know OU is not recruiting him though so that is irrelevant.

Just trying to give you a frame of reference for why OU would look at a back up point guard.

Maybe it's just me but it doesn't seem like it would be that easy to sell "you're going to be our back up point guard" to recruits.

Maybe it's just me but it doesn't seem like it would be that easy to sell "you're going to be our back up point guard" to recruits.

"We want you to come in and play 10 minutes a game while the better player gets a breather and a cup of water. Sound good?"
-Coach to backup recruit

I'm fine with him going to LSU. He's talked more about OU than I've heard about OU pursuing him.

He'd probably be the best player on LSU right now, given that LSU is absolutely dreadful in a mediocre conference.

Hopefully we are out telling guys that TMG will only be here another year or two [at most]...even if we don't necessarily believe it ourselves. But seriously, a freshman in the B12 throwing out 30 point games in conferene is something that is very, very rare. If the kid cand do it again next season, he'd be a fool not to head to the NBA.

Andre Stringer is a PG that is regarded higher than Ross-Miller and he's in this class. I wonder if there are some qualifying issues with Stringer.

You're exactly right, seniorsooner. OU will face an almost impossible task of signing a true point guard until TMG's junior season. IMO, the best we can hope for is a combo guard who can play both positions, a role T. J. Taylor appears to fit quite well.

Back