Kansas recruiting

Sooner Tyra

Reaction score
Does these off the court problems this past 48 hrs negatively affect recruiting for the jayhawks? Does not help anyways

I think that it probably won't have any effect at all. Let's hope it does though.

I was hoping this would help us out on these guys. I know that our football and basketball teams and coaches seem to work great together and I was just hoping this might be another plus on are side.

I was hoping this would help us out on these guys. I know that our football and basketball teams and coaches seem to work great together and I was just hoping this might be another plus on are side.

Tyra I don't think it affects anything. Heck, some of these kids probably didn't even hear about it. And it was so minor in the grand scheme of things that I don't think other coaches would bring it up because they all know they have had things happen. OU had quite a few minor problems last year with the hoops team and as you can see it hasn't affected recruiting one bit. Recruiting is at an all time high.
When UNLV had it's problems it was actually when recruiting was the best. I think nationally people don't hear about this minor stuff as much as we do locally.

Barnes' momma mad at the Kansas Rivals site........

The #1 ranked player in the ESPNU 100, Harrison Barnes,could be making his way to Lawrence in mid-October to visit theUniversity of Kansas. Barnes visited North Carolina on September 4th,where Roy Williams and the rest of the Carolina family celebrated the100th year of North Carolina basketball. Should Barnes visit Kansas onOctober 16th, it would be the second of three visits that Barnes hasofficially announced to date. Barnes will be visiting Duke on theweekend of October 23rd, the weekend following ‘Late Night in the Phog.’

Despite reports that Barnes is visiting Kansas on October 16th,Barnes and his family have yet to officially release any informationabout where and when official visits will take place. According toBarnes’ mother, Shirley, Harrison should release that informationtonight via email to the media.

“We were waiting on one school to confirm their visit, and theyconfirmed this morning,” Shirley Barnes said via email. “Since we havethat final confirmation, look to receive an e-mail update fromH (Harrison) tonight,” Barnes added.

The premature reports of Harrison visiting Kansas have been the cause of some disappointment for Shirley Barnes.

“I’m disappointed that the Kansas Rivals site has something out onthis as I also informed them this morning that H was firming up hislist, but went ahead and printed a story anyway, said Barnes.”

While it is expected that Barnes intends to visit Oklahoma on theweekend of October 2nd and Kansas for ‘Late Night’ on October 16th, itappears that Harrison will announce where and when his remainingofficial visits will take place tonight.

I think it could be a big deal at first to those whose parents are heavily involved. Once they talk to Bill Self it won't be a big deal.

For the athletes I think it's not even a blip on the radar. All the kids who are being recruited are high level competitors and have probably been in scraps before and would get their teammates back if it came down to it. Like many have said these kind of fights happen more than people know, it's just that this one happened in a very public place with lots of spectators.

I think it could be a big deal at first to those whose parents are heavily involved. Once they talk to Bill Self it won't be a big deal.

For the athletes I think it's not even a blip on the radar. All the kids who are being recruited are high level competitors and have probably been in scraps before and would get their teammates back if it came down to it. Like many have said these kind of fights happen more than people know, it's just that this one happened in a very public place with lots of spectators.

Truth.

Sometimes things get heated. It happens, and especially between athletes. Granted, it's usually with a rival school, but it's not unheard of for it to happen between teams at the same institution.

Truth.

Sometimes things get heated. It happens, and especially between athletes. Granted, it's usually with a rival school, but it's not unheard of for it to happen between teams at the same institution.

We had quite a few scuffles just between our own team in college. I can imagine that there are things that happen quite a bit at a larger college like OU where a lot of the athletes hang together. Especially when you consider that many of the girls are going after the same guys you can get some tension.

Kids on the same team fighting? Big deal.

This is not.

Back