Kentucky is finally unanimous #1

bocabull

Banned
Reaction score
It's about time. Of course lots of us knew this day was coming a couple months ago. link

Texas is still overrated at #6. Way overrated. They will need a lucky draw in the tournament to notch their measly 4th sweet sixteen in school history.

It's about time. Of course lots of us knew this day was coming a couple months ago. link

Texas is still overrated at #6. Way overrated. They will need a lucky draw in the tournament to notch their measly 4th sweet sixteen in school history.

I wasn't aware that it was tournament time yet

Baylor is so underrated it's not even funny

#24? You kidding me? 3 loss Baylor ranked 4 spots below SIX loss Ohio State? Gimme a break.

FYI...Texas has gotten to the Sweet Sixteen or beyond 6 times since 1990 (three Sweet Sixteens, two Elite Eights and a Final Four).

FYI...Texas has gotten to the Sweet Sixteen or beyond 6 times since 1990 (three Sweet Sixteens, two Elite Eights and a Final Four).

They have still greatly underachieved considering the talent that they have had. I fully expect them to fall short again this year.

Baylor is so underrated it's not even funny

#24? You kidding me? 3 loss Baylor ranked 4 spots below SIX loss Ohio State? Gimme a break.

I agree, Baylor should be ranked higher. I would put them around 15.

They have still greatly underachieved considering the talent that they have had. I fully expect them to fall short again this year.

Can't disagree, just correcting a respected poster.

My bad camp. Texas has their tournament appearances listed differently on wikipedia where they only show each year once instead of, for example, showing 2003 as a sweet sixteen, elite 8 and final four year. That's the way everybody else does it.

My favorite is the teams that show they made the sweet sixteen in years it was an 8 team tournament like Kansas does to inflate their sweet 16s to try and keep up with UNC. Unfortunately most Big XII teams do this.

O well, I stand by my original assessment that Texas sucks.

Maybe. Maybe not.

They don't have any eye-popping wins, in my book, but they do have a pretty bad loss to Colorado, and a loss to a mediocre Bama team.

I disagree that losing on the road at Colorado is a "pretty bad" loss when you look at how difficult it is to win in the Big 12 this year and that Colorado looks to be a decent team given their recent last-second loss on the road at A&M.

Bama isn't a good loss either, but when those are your only two losses besides the one at Kansas which was more impressive than a win over some mediocre teams I think that just shows Baylor deserves to be ranked higher. I mean Ohio State has lost 4 of their last 8 games.

Their game against K-State tomorrow night should be a really good test.

Their SOS is 127.

Until they beat somebody, it's hard to argue that they should be ranked higher.

Back