KU and OSU camps begin today

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see the turnout. I wonder if Nash will be at OSU or if Clark or McCallum will be at KU. Usually these events feature alot of underclassmen instead of incoming seniors. Part of me feels that OU is letting these guys get the first shot at these recruits by scheduling their event in August, but the other part of me thinks it may be smart on OU's part to maximize the number of prospects they get coming in, by waiting.

Wasn't Clark supposed to be checking out Texas this weekend?

64135827.elG1ulwt.Maninorange.jpg

Lebryan Nash is supposed to be at KU.

That's huge. OSU fans were pumping him being Byron Eaton's brother, or something like that. I was trying to get that confirmed by a friend who was an ex coach to Eaton.......

I think Clark and Pressey are supposed to be at OSU's camp.

I think Clark and Pressey are supposed to be at OSU's camp.

That's good news, because if they go to that rinky dink camp then they definetely will go to OU's....

Where did you hear this.

Here's KU's list.
In addition Perry Ellis is coming in for today and then driving overnight to Colorado Springs for the USA Basketball National Team tryouts.

Kyle Collinsworth, 6-5, 195, Sr., Provo (Utah) High; Luke Cothron, 6-8, 210, Sr., Flora MacDonald Academy, Red Springs, N.C.; Austin Hollins, 6-3, 1709, Sr., Germantown (Tenn.) High; Lonnie Jackson, 6-3, 165, Jr., Valencia (Calif.) High; Christian Kirk, 6-7, 195, Jr., St. Charles (Mo.) West; Keaton Miles, 6-6, 170, Jr., Dallas Skyline; Shabazz Muhammad, 6-3, 170, Soph., Las Vegas Bishop Gorman; LeBryan Nash, 6-7, 212, Jr., Dallas Lincoln; Marcus Paige, 5-10, 140, Soph., Linn Mar Community, Marion, Iowa; Benny Parker, 5-10, 160, Soph., Kansas City Sumner; Jabari Parker, 6-3, Fr., Chicago Simeon; Zach Peters, 6-7, 203, Soph., Prestonwood Christian, Plano, Texas; Trevor Releford, 5-11, 170, Sr., Roeland Park Bishop Miege; J.P. Tokoto, 6-5, 165, Soph., Menomonee Falls (Wis.) High; Josiah Turner, 6-3, 175, Jr., Sacramento (Calif.) High; Dominique Wilson, 6-8, Soph., Kansas City Washington; Kyle Wiltjer, 6-9, 200, Jr., Portland (Ore.) Jesuit, Devonta Abron, 6-6, 170, Jr., Dallas Seagoville.

cheno, is that a complete list?

marcus paige is very interesting.

cheno, is that a complete list?
marcus paige is very interesting.

That was the list posted on KUsports yesterday. Don't know if it's complete or not. My guess may have some even lower rated local area kids as well.
Don't know much about Marcus Paige...what's his story?

edited: Just did some research. He'll be a soph ('12 class) and is a 4.0 and great kid. PG. Has an offer from Iowa already and Iowa St offered him after his 8th grade season.

Last edited:
:ford
Here's KU's list.
In addition Perry Ellis is coming in for today and then driving overnight to Colorado Springs for the USA Basketball National Team tryouts.

Kyle Collinsworth, 6-5, 195, Sr., Provo (Utah) High; Luke Cothron, 6-8, 210, Sr., Flora MacDonald Academy, Red Springs, N.C.; Austin Hollins, 6-3, 1709, Sr., Germantown (Tenn.) High; Lonnie Jackson, 6-3, 165, Jr., Valencia (Calif.) High; Christian Kirk, 6-7, 195, Jr., St. Charles (Mo.) West; Keaton Miles, 6-6, 170, Jr., Dallas Skyline; Shabazz Muhammad, 6-3, 170, Soph., Las Vegas Bishop Gorman; LeBryan Nash, 6-7, 212, Jr., Dallas Lincoln; Marcus Paige, 5-10, 140, Soph., Linn Mar Community, Marion, Iowa; Benny Parker, 5-10, 160, Soph., Kansas City Sumner; Jabari Parker, 6-3, Fr., Chicago Simeon; Zach Peters, 6-7, 203, Soph., Prestonwood Christian, Plano, Texas; Trevor Releford, 5-11, 170, Sr., Roeland Park Bishop Miege; J.P. Tokoto, 6-5, 165, Soph., Menomonee Falls (Wis.) High; Josiah Turner, 6-3, 175, Jr., Sacramento (Calif.) High; Dominique Wilson, 6-8, Soph., Kansas City Washington; Kyle Wiltjer, 6-9, 200, Jr., Portland (Ore.) Jesuit, Devonta Abron, 6-6, 170, Jr., Dallas Seagoville.

I'm really beginnig to like the fact that Jeff changed his camp to August. that means Jeff gets the last shot at Cothron, Clark, Pressey, and Releford
and he also gets to bring in Nash and Peters. I think it is huge, huge news for OU that Clark didn't go to KU's camp.

:ford

I'm really beginnig to like the fact that Jeff changed his camp to August. that means Jeff gets the last shot at Cothron, Clark, Pressey, and Releford
and he also gets to bring in Nash and Peters. I think it is huge, huge news for OU that Clark didn't go to KU's camp.

Like you said earlier, it is an interesting strategy. The risk you run is that these kids may have already committed or grown tired of the recruiting scene by the time August rolls around. On the other hand, it is always nice to have the last crack and to make that lasting impression.

I have a feeling it will work out well for us this year.

i think it's a smart move. the competition for dates in the spring/early summer is huge. not just with other school camps but with non-school camps, tournaments, etc.

there is no question ou will get more of the players they are interested in onto campus. and that's the whole point.

Clark was originally supposed to be at KU's camp but I have no clue if he made it. I agree that Capel made a good move changing the date. Why compete for dates when you don't have to?

Clark was originally supposed to be at KU's camp but I have no clue if he made it. I agree that Capel made a good move changing the date. Why compete for dates when you don't have to?

It's been confirmed by a scout.com guy that Clark was as at OSU's camp friday.

It's been confirmed by a scout.com guy that Clark was as at OSU's camp friday.

Roger Franklin's uncle posts on the Rivals national board and he said "to not sleep on OSU" regarding Clark's recruitment. He might be on to something and this might turn into an OU/OSU battle.

One thing that concerns me about these Dallas area Texas kids is in fact Roger Franklin. The kid is so likeable and believable that I think he could really help Napoleon :)ford) and some quality Texas kids during the next couple of years. It may not work on Cam, but there are some really good players coming up out of Texas the next couple of years (especially that 2012 class with Reese and Peters).

Back