KU recruiting question for Cheno and Grace

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
What are the likelyhood percentage wise and or priority of the following KU targets.

PG
Brandon Knight
Joe Jackson
Ray McCallum
Trevor Releford
Phil Pressey

WG
Harrison Barnes
Cam Clark
Doron Lamb
Royce Woolridge (committed)

Luke Cothron
Daniel Alexander
Josh Smith
Adreian Payne.

These are purely opinions just based on info I get on Phog. Tried to be pretty conservative. Basically, I think we lead for Ray McCallum and are in pretty good with Joe Jackson. I think Cameron Clark is interesting because KU is turning up the heat and should get a visit. Brandon Knight and Josh Smith are pretty much no chance, imo. Luke Cothron is saying he will visit so that gives KU a pretty good chance, imo.

What are the likelyhood percentage wise and or priority of the following KU targets.

PG
Brandon Knight 10%
Joe Jackson 50%
Ray McCallum 75%
Trevor Releford 5%
Phil Pressey 10%

WG
Harrison Barnes 10%
Cam Clark 30% (rising imo)
Doron Lamb 5%
Royce Woolridge (committed)

Luke Cothron 50% (visiting)
Daniel Alexander no clue
Josh Smith 0%
Adreian Payne no clue

These are purely opinions just based on info I get on Phog. Tried to be pretty conservative. Basically, I think we lead for Ray McCallum and are in pretty good with Joe Jackson. I think Cameron Clark is interesting because KU is turning up the heat and should get a visit. Brandon Knight and Josh Smith are pretty much no chance, imo. Luke Cothron is saying he will visit so that gives KU a pretty good chance, imo.

I think OU is turning up the heat on McCallum and I wouldn't be suprised if he visits this summer. Clark has already committed to visit OU this summer and will undoubtedly have an official visit on a football weekend if he's not already committed by then. Maybe he can stay at his cousin's house. Luke Cothron is a hell of a player. I know he lists OU, but I don't know much after that. Calipari has said 8 of the top 10 players in the class of 2010 have contacted him. One of those may be Cothron. It suprises me that you don't think Releford will go to KU. I know your premise is KU won't offer him, but Self has always had a history of offering guys like him.

I'm 100% certain KU will land Royce Woolridge.
Other than that who knows.
I'd say Ray McCallum is the next one I feel most confident in.
The PG spot will be wide open after Sherron leaves without a true PG on the roster.

I think OU is turning up the heat on McCallum and I wouldn't be suprised if he visits this summer. Clark has already committed to visit OU this summer and will undoubtedly have an official visit on a football weekend if he's not already committed by then. Maybe he can stay at his cousin's house. Luke Cothron is a hell of a player. I know he lists OU, but I don't know much after that. Calipari has said 8 of the top 10 players in the class of 2010 have contacted him. One of those may be Cothron. It suprises me that you don't think Releford will go to KU. I know your premise is KU won't offer him, but Self has always had a history of offering guys like him.

Yeah, I don't think KU will offer Releford because they don't have many scholarships and really don't need him.

I think KU has a great shot at McCallum because they need a true PG and Collins will be graduating as opposed to OU having a pure PG on campus for 3 years while McCallum would be there.

Yeah, I don't think KU will offer Releford because they don't have many scholarships and really don't need him.

I think KU has a great shot at McCallum because they need a true PG and Collins will be graduating as opposed to OU having a pure PG on campus for 3 years while McCallum would be there.

What do you see Taylor, Johnson, and Reed playing? I personally think Taylor is KU's PG of the future. I said that on a KU board and got laughs, but that's a kid that I like alot. Also, CJ Henry isn't going to KU to ride the bench. I think it's very conceivable that Xavier and CJ are at KU for two years. That situation will have an effect on wings and PGs who are looking for PT. Personally, I think McCallum and Pressey aren't first year starter. They are going to back up their first year anyways.

Who is Cameron Clark's cousin?

Defensive Line coach and former OU LB Chris Wilson.

I think Clark is just a matter of time. I think TJ committing is a very good sign.

Back