Lamb enjoys family atmosphere of Oklahoma

Henzo

Reaction score
With the seemingly imminent departure of Oklahoma star guard, and expected lottery pick, Willie Warren after the 2009-10 season, the Sooners are certainly seeking to fill a big void with their 2010 recruiting class. There is likely no bigger target to fill that void than Queens, New York native and Oak Hill Academy star guard Doron Lamb. Lamb has seen his stock rise as he has continued to expand his game offensively over the past several months and he has long been tabbed nearly unstoppable when he sets his mind on scoring the ball. With his official visit to Oklahoma this past weekend, Lamb had a chance to see the void he’d be hopeful to fill if he were to be dawning the crimson and cream next season.

Link: Lamb enjoys family atmosphere of Oklahoma

Another great interview, Henzo! Thanks!!!

I sure like what Mr. Lamb had to say. He seems to be sold on OU's coaches and the family atmosphere they found during their visit. One has to think that if Doron makes it past late-night at KU, he'll be a Sooner. That may be wishful thinking on my part, but I have a real good feeling about signing this young man. His close friendship with Tiny and the relationship he has built with Coach Capel and others sure can't hurt either.

Another great interview, Henzo! Thanks!!!

I sure like what Mr. Lamb had to say. He seems to be sold on OU's coaches and the family atmosphere they found during their visit. One has to think that if Doron makes it past late-night at KU, he'll be a Sooner. That may be wishful thinking on my part, but I have a real good feeling about signing this young man. His close friendship with Tiny and the relationship he has built with Coach Capel and others sure can't hurt either.

Late-Night at Kansas is a special atmosphere. That has me worried.

Late-Night at Kansas is a special atmosphere. That has me worried.

Yeah, me too. But the goings on at KU lately may worry Doron's family more. ;)

I said that half in jest. But you'd better believe that some parents don't approve of the negative news coming out of Lawrence the past few weeks.

Please forgive my ignorance but if Doron enrolls early, could he see playing time this coming season? I'm obviously not aware if this is legal according to NCAA rules. If so, this could be a very serious team to threaten a deep run...

Please forgive my ignorance but if Doron enrolls early, could he see playing time this coming season? I'm obviously not aware if this is legal according to NCAA rules. If so, this could be a very serious team to threaten a deep run...

No, that doesn't exists in college basketball. He is a HS SR. who is looking to sign in the early signing period, not enroll at OU early. He would arrive on campus in June like all bball recruits typically do.

I always take it as a good sign when their parents make the visit with them.

Rohde and Al were talking the other day about Cam Clark will be going to Midnight Madness at the Phog....Does anyone know if this it true??

That would be surprising...I thought KU had backed off of Clark a while back...

“He liked the atmosphere and the family-ness of the team,” he said. “The whole team is really close to each other and he really likes that about them.”

This bothers me about KU, because they fight together, drink together, fondle women together, and shoot bbguns together.

I'm one that thinks that a "one-night" deal is overrated...and the comfort level of playing with guys you know for a year or two trumps that. KU has tradition over OU, and that Midnight Madness things is a BIG deal; but I think this kid can look and see that there will be comperable talent at OU while he is here, certainly enough to comepte against Kansas.

Even when I'd have given the edge to oSu in the state of their basketball program, you still had the prospect of living every day in Stillwater Oklahoma...sure enough OU won just about every in-state recruiting battle. If you are Lamb, you are chosing playing with one of your boys and getting coached by guys that you can relate to...at a program that appears to be solid in the Top 10 as long as Capel is here.

I think that we are in this until the end; and that is all that you can ask for... remember, Tiny was a "big" suprise on the last day of the early signing period (he was going to wait to pull the trigger)...then Capel closed him.

“He liked the atmosphere and the family-ness of the team,” he said. “The whole team is really close to each other and he really likes that about them.”

This bothers me about KU, because they fight together, drink together, fondle women together, and shoot bbguns together.

Now that is funny. :)

I think he will as well. He's friends with Tiny and OU will have an immediate starting 2G spot open for him.

So next year OU has this lineup:

pg TMG/Franklin
sg Lamb/Pledger
Wing Cam/Willis
PF Jones/Fitzgerald
C Gallon/Allen

If that happens, that second string is better on paper (high school resume) than many respectable teams at OU in the past 20 years.

Has TJ (Franklin) improved enough to get minutes over TJ Taylor? IF so then Tj Franklin is a great WalKon pickup!

Last edited:
So next year OU has this lineup:

pg TMG/Franklin
sg Lamb/Pledger
Wing Cam/Willis
PF Jones/Fitzgerald
C Gallon/Allen

If that happens, that second string is better on paper (high school resume) than many respectable teams at OU in the past 20 years.

I think you are leaving out Taylor there

One more rebound--

I am hearing that Calvin maybe visiting Arizona?

I mean Doron Lamb and Calvin.

Has TJ improved enough to get minutes over AJ? IF so then Tj is a great WalKon pickup!

This post confuses me. You know Austin Johnson graduated and that Franklin would obviously not have gotten AJ's minutes unless it was mop-up time.

Back