Leaving early and parking

If only you could "lay into" them through the computer.

Exactly, besides, if these people had said "Hey! I've got a funeral/sick kid to get to. Shove it!" I would have been put in my place.

Instead, they put their head down and left because they suck and didn't have a good excuse.

Don't know how that makes me an internet tough guy.

I just got a little over passionate and couldn't believe people were leaving. What's wrong with asking people where they are going that's more important than the game? Is that not weak and soul less?

Because it is none of your business?

Guys,

Enough with the attacks. Discuss the issue civilly or don't post on this thread.

Thanks

Greg

Personally I don't have any problems with respectfully voicing "why are you leaving when the game is this close?" to people heading for the exits with 3 minutes left. Now if you're berating them or something that is a different story. You could even do it in a good natured manner, like "hey buddy there's still a game going, ha ha", and the point still gets across. I'm all for using peer pressure to try to send a message. We should all strive to have a great home court atmosphere and we should do whatever we can to try to maintain and/or improve that. To me it's the same as turning around and waving your arms for people to get up and get loud during critical moments in the game. I don't see why that would be offensive to people. If you don't want to do it, don't. But don't get all riled up when somebody is just trying to get the crowd behind the team. Like I said before if someone's doing it in a disrespectful manner then that's a different story.

I have come on here and complained about people leaving early, and honestly one of the reasons I did is maybe 1 person who left early will see it and start feeling guilty about it. Maybe they won't do it next time. Am I kidding myself? Quite possibly. But if I can keep one person's butt in their seat until 00:00 then it has been worth it.

Here is another perspective. I would rather have 10,000 people who bought season tickets and bothered to make it to the game than staying home because they know the night game will get them home too late to get a decent night's sleep the next day. Remember, some of these people have more than an hour's drive home and have to get up very early the next morning for work, before you throw stones.

Have you ever compained about the people who buy the nice center section donor seats and then don't show up? I would rather these people show up or give their tickets to someone who show up then not come at all.

I am just saying I would rather have butts in the seat that leave early than have no butts the whole night.

Don't forget that this is a paid event. These people have paid money to enter enjoy this game. In the end it's consumers leaving. If they want to short what they paid for that's fine. More power to them. Personally, I don't leave, nor does it look good when people do leave. However, they have their right to and I will never say anything to them. If you want to buy their ticket for them as long as they guarantee to stay the entire game. Then, yelling at them would be okay.

Here is another perspective. I would rather have 10,000 people who bought season tickets and bothered to make it to the game than staying home because they know the night game will get them home too late to get a decent night's sleep the next day. Remember, some of these people have more than an hour's drive home and have to get up very early the next morning for work, before you throw stones.

Have you ever compained about the people who buy the nice center section donor seats and then don't show up? I would rather these people show up or give their tickets to someone who show up then not come at all.

I am just saying I would rather have butts in the seat that leave early than have no butts the whole night.

That has been complained about on this board and other boards ad nauseum since the beginning of time.

Back