Let's say you are the GM of the Lakers

Would you draft Willie with the last pick of the first round?

• Yes, I pick him

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • No, I don't

Votes: 29 82.9%

• Total voters

Sooner23

Reaction score
You are the GM of the Lakers, you have the last pick of the first round and Willie Warren is still on the board. Do you take him?

popcornj.gif

Last edited:
I wouldn't

He doesn't have a true position and he can't play defense.

I think most of us agree that Willie will be a point guard at the next level. If I was a NBA GM, I wouldn't worry about his ball handling skills, because with practice and time, I believe he can improve enough in that area to get the job done.

The big question is, how many NBA point guards can he defend? I thought about that while watching tonight game, and couldn't come up with a single name. Am I missing somebody?

Of course you do. The NBA after the 1st 10 picks for the most part is a crap shoot. Once you get to the 20s theres a reason why it seems like half the picks are Euro players. Regardless of what Willie has or hasnt shown this year he still has too much talent not for a team to take a chance on him before that stage of the draft.

He will not be playing in the NBA, he isn't even good enough to pLay in the NBDL.

I think most of us agree that Willie will be a point guard at the next level. If I was a NBA GM, I wouldn't worry about his ball handling skills, because with practice and time, I believe he can improve enough in that area to get the job done.

The big question is, how many NBA point guards can he defend? I thought about that while watching tonight game, and couldn't come up with a single name. Am I missing somebody?

Nope, but he is evidently.

If Ryan Minor, Corey Brewer, H Price etc. weren't drafted in 1st round I don't seehow WW does.

Nobody can guard the top NBA point guards. Just like nobody can stop Lace or Tweety hitting a fade away 3.

You win by scoring the basketball. Willie is playing fine. He is the least of our problem and deserves a lot of credit for not just hogging the ball and forcing 30 shots a game. He is a great kid.

Last edited by a moderator:
"He is a great kid"

how do you know this? What do you think about his point total for the game tonight since your focus and preference is offense?

I have listened to him speak. I pay attention when he talks about his goals and academics. I pay attention to his demeanor. I see how his peers show him respect. Everything points to him being a great kid.

As for his point total tonight. He was very unselfish. He was obviously executing the gameplan the coach asked him to. To work the ball inside and get everybody involved. To play good man to man defense on tweety which ge did very well until tiny and crocker went out and we switched to zone as our gameplan crumbled.

Nobody can guard the top NBA point guards. Just like nobody can stop Lace or Tweety hitting a fade away 3.

You win by scoring the basketball. Willie is playing fine. He is the least of our problem and deserves a lot of credit for not just hogging the ball and forcing 30 shots a game. He is a great kid. People who constantly bash him are pathetic wanna bes.

If I didn't know better I'd think this was willie or a family member...

Look, I have tried to stick up for willie and his game is NBA ready now but he isn't helping his draft status at all....

If u want to say he will still be a good fit in the NBA and hold his own then I would agree, but anyone sticking up for, or making excuses for his play this season is on crack...

I have been around and known WW since he was being recruited. Last year I ALWAYS heard him say "yes sir" and "no sir". He was a respectful kid, said the right things, etc. This year is not the same WW as last year. He may seem like it on camera or behind the mic but in between his ears he isn't the same.

Last edited:
I would because he has the talent.

And Kobe would kick his butt (like Blake did) if he wasn't doing his job.

Yep, you always take a lottery talent in the late first round even if they have issues.

WW isn't playing well, has a bad attitude, but he still has lottery talent.

Back