Looks like Born Ready to cincy...

Born Ready has landed. Cincy is all of a sudden relevant.

Cincy is the perfect fit....Over/under on the amount of shots Born Ready takes a game?

Line starts at 23.

That's Lance Stephenson for those of us that don't believe in ghey nicknames....

I will take the over on shots at 23.

How about FG%? I'll set it at 43%?

BTW Cinnci is returning much of last years team that wasn't completely horrible, But I think Born Ready ruins the chemistry.

I will take the over on shots at 23.

How about FG%? I'll set it at 43%?

BTW Cinnci is returning much of last years team that wasn't completely horrible, But I think Born Ready ruins the chemistry.

What's your outlook on the 'cuse next year, jordoo. I'm sorry that you guys got gutted so bad.

What's your outlook on the 'cuse next year, jordoo. I'm sorry that you guys got gutted so bad.

I think Wes Johnson is an upgrade over Harris and a much better fit for our system. Word is that he has really improved the consistancy on his shot and he was our best player in practice last year according to both JB and Flynn. Onuaku had off season knee surgery and should be back to early last season form and Jackson is a very solid if not spectacular player at the 4 so the starting frontcourt should be a strength.

Brandon Triche will start as the PG and is a completely different style of pg than Flynn, he is big and strong and was NYS high school player of the year last year. He is way under the radar because he tore his ACL in between his Soph and Junior years and missed AAU that summer. He won't be as good as Flynn but he will be a good PG that may not last 4 years. He kind of has a Deron Willaims type of game with more hops but obviously way less refined at this point. Rautins will be almost a wash replacing Devendorf because he is better defensively, rebounding and shooting although not neerly the penetrator and finisher that Devendorf was.

I won't go to crazy with the bench players but it should be a strong versitle bench. Scoop Jardine will be the backup pg, Mookie Jones is a 2/3 swing player Kris Joseph is a 3/4 forward and then we have two freshman 6-11 Deshante Riley 4star center and 6-7 James Southerland who preped last year and he's an athletic shooter.

Basically the key to our success will be the play of Triche and Scoop at PG. We also need to see who emerges as leaders probably Wes ansd Andy. We will be a much different team relying more on the big guys and forwards to score, but we will be bigger and better on the boards and defensively.

My overall prediction is a Top 4 finish in the BE (lots of player turnover conference wide) I am on the optomistic side but Coach really likes this group especially Wes and Triche which most outsiders view as big question marks.

Sorry for running on.

Last edited:
I think Wes Johnson is an upgrade over Harris and a much better fit for our system. Word is that he has really improved the consistancy on his shot and he was our best player in practice last year according to both JB and Flynn. Onuahu had off season knee surgery and should be back to early last season form and Jackson is a very solid if not spectacular player at the 4 so the starting frontcourt should be a strength.

Brandon Triche will start as the PG and is a completely different style of pg than Flynn, he is big and strong and was NYS high school player of the year last year. He is way under the radar because he tore his ACL in between his Soph and Junior years and missed AAU that summer. He won't be as good as Flynn but he will be a good PG that may not last 4 years. He kind of has a Deron Willaims type of game with more hops but obviously way less refined at this point. Rautins will be almost a wash replacing Devendorf because he is better defensively, rebounding and shooting although not neerly the penetrator and finisher that Devendorf was.

I won't go to crazy with the bench players but it should be a strong versitle bench. Scoop Jardine will be the backup pg, Mookie Jones is a 2/3 swing player Kris Joseph is a 3/4 forward and then we have two freshman 6-11 Deshante Riley 4star center and 6-7 James Southerland who preped last year and he's an athletic shooter.

Basically the key to our success will be the play of Triche and Scoop at PG. We also need to see who emerges as leaders probably Wes ansd Andy. We will be a much different team relying more on the big guys and forwards to score, but we will be bigger and better on the boards and defensively.

My overall prediction is a Top 4 finish in the BE (lots of player turnover conference wide) I am on the optomistic side but Coach really likes this group especially Wes and Triche which most outsiders view as big question marks.

Sorry for running on.

Thanks for the heads up. I will be pulling for you guys and appreciated all the classy SU fans that came over and conversed with us last year (Suckmyorange was an OU fan imposter that got banned).

I think you guys will really be happy with Wesley Johnson. Iowa State would be really good next year if they had him and Brackins.

I agree that this is a good year to finish in the top 4 of the BE because of all the turnover. How would you rank the teams in the conference if you had to guess?

I would say Nova wins the league and then West Virginia, SU, Uconn, Lville will fight it out for 2-5.
WVU has an excelent group of skilled forwards in Butler, Ebanks and Jones and they brought in a couple beefy guys which they needed.

Uconn, Lville an SU are all reloading but still have tallent but with Onuaku, Jackson, Johnson and Rautins we do have 4 established players so I think we will do well.

If I had to put them in order I'd say:

Nova
WVU
SU
Lville
Uconn

It wouldn't surprise me if X bails on KU if Born Ready tries to go to KU again. Recruiting gets worse and worse ever since they eliminated going pro out of high school. This is what happens when you got kids going to college because they have to not because they want to.

It wouldn't surprise me if X bails on KU if Born Ready tries to go to KU again. Recruiting gets worse and worse ever since they eliminated going pro out of high school. This is what happens when you got kids going to college because they have to not because they want to.

I would like to see guys like Xavier, Stephenson, Renardo Sidney, John Wall, and other "drama" NBA guys who have no real interest in college basketball go to Europe on a consistent basis. That would make a big statement to the NCAA and the NBA to drop this stupid rule and let them come straight out of high school.

Why not go over there and play with professionals? Get a big salary? Still go in the top 10 when you decide you want to get drafted ala Brandon Jennings?

Jennings had a three-year contract for a guaranteed $1 million, but he also has an out to enter the NBA draft after Year 1 and 2 of the deal. Under Armour just gave Jennings a four-year endorsement deal, banking that he could do it all, and more.

“To me, this is the best path to get ready for the NBA,” one Western Conference general manager said. “But the thing is: You better be a mentally tough kid to pull this off. This isn’t going to be college, where they’re going to hold your hand and never make you figure out anything for yourself.”

I dont understand why you wouldnt go to Europe, make $1 million + endorsements, then come over and get drafted? In college you make $0.00 and have $0.00 worth of endorsements.

Jennings averaged 5 points a game over there and still went in the top 10.

I would like to see guys like Xavier, Stephenson, Renardo Sidney, John Wall, and other "drama" NBA guys who have no real interest in college basketball go to Europe on a consistent basis. That would make a big statement to the NCAA and the NBA to drop this stupid rule and let them come straight out of high school.

Why not go over there and play with professionals? Get a big salary? Still go in the top 10 when you decide you want to get drafted ala Brandon Jennings?

Jennings had a three-year contract for a guaranteed $1 million, but he also has an out to enter the NBA draft after Year 1 and 2 of the deal. Under Armour just gave Jennings a four-year endorsement deal, banking that he could do it all, and more.

“To me, this is the best path to get ready for the NBA,” one Western Conference general manager said. “But the thing is: You better be a mentally tough kid to pull this off. This isn’t going to be college, where they’re going to hold your hand and never make you figure out anything for yourself.”

I dont understand why you wouldnt go to Europe, make $1 million + endorsements, then come over and get drafted? In college you make $0.00 and have $0.00 worth of endorsements.

Because, according to Carl, they are "fighting over there".

In all seriousness, I totally agree. Got to Europe for a year and play...it would be a lot tougher than going to college like the GM said. But maybe someone like Stephenson needs to go play in a system like that, what's the difference between that and going to the NBA right away? The only thing I can see is that you won't have a 20 man posse following you around...it's strictly basketball and nothing else. Even though I don't like Jennings, he will be a better basketball player in the long run because of his experience in Europe.

Born ready (Wall maybe) is the most complete player from last years class. He finishes strong with a NY City attitude he will be the top FR next year.

Totally agree man. It's getting out of control

Back