LSU vs Iowa Officiating

It was the worst officiated game so have ever seen, women or men.

They were horrendous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was the worst officiated game so have ever seen, women or men.

They were horrendous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LSU might have won anyway, but it could have been a really good game. I can't imagine how the Iowa fans feel. I've gotten mad at officiating before but that game takes the cake. Those two technicals were the icing on the cake.

I agree LSU wins anyway, but it is a shame that after two really good teams play with outstanding performances on both sides, that people are talking about the officials. As a follower of the Thunder and both OU teams, it is a fact of life that NBA officiating is mostly really good, men's is some good and some bad, women's is a lot of bad and a few good, if you go to many women's games you know what I am talking about. And the gender of the official doesn't matter, there are some really good women officiating and some horrible men.

I agree LSU wins anyway, but it is a shame that after two really good teams play with outstanding performances on both sides, that people are talking about the officials. As a follower of the Thunder and both OU teams, it is a fact of life that NBA officiating is mostly really good, men's is some good and some bad, women's is a lot of bad and a few good, if you go to many women's games you know what I am talking about. And the gender of the official doesn't matter, there are some really good women officiating and some horrible men.

I speculate that the difference in the quality of officiating between the pros, MBB an WBB on the college level is primarily financial. I know they are paying the officials for the women's NCAA tournament as they are for the men's NCAA tournament but for the regular season that is not the norm.

And as we all know official are going to want to call games where they can make the most money and at the highest level of play. Hence the migration of the top officials to the men's game. There are individual exceptions but they are just that exceptions. JMHO!

Over the years, the officiating in the women's games has gotten better but this game was as bad as the games I saw 20 years ago.

There were 37 fouls called, a women's title game record.

For reference, there were 55 fouls called in the OU-UCLA game.

The technical on Clark yesterday was atrocious, but otherwise it felt like par for the course for women's basketball. I wasn't struck by how terrible yesterday's game was officiated because I'm numb to it, I suppose.

The technical on Clark yesterday was atrocious, but otherwise it felt like par for the course for women's basketball. I wasn't struck by how terrible yesterday's game was officiated because I'm numb to it, I suppose.

That's because the Bruins have the most "active" hands in women's basketball.

After the game, the officials said that it was a delay-of-game technical because she didn't give the ball to the ref. Apparently, Iowa had been warned about that earlier and if it happens again they can call a technical. It's still a lame call, especially considering Mulkey spend half of the game 10 out on the court.

If Iowa had been warned about earlier about a potential delay penalty. Also frequently you see most coaches on occasion get on the playing court but not close to the extent Mulkey was doing so. I think the refs should have first warned Mulkey her activity on the court was not going to be tolerated and when she failed to comply she should have quickly gotten a technical. Failure to do so is on the refs.

I didn't watch the entire game but from what I did see, I thought LSU was clearly the better team. Far as officiating goes called fouls were about the same. I don't know what Mulkey did or didn't do...did it effect the final score ?

I agree, LSU was the better team yesterday, AND the officiating was horrid. I felt like the IOWA v. SC game should have been the championship game, as it was very competitive and exciting. The Iowa team that played that game didn't show up against LSU, IMO, and I think they were emotionally drained somewhat after beating SC. Regardless, give Mulkey credit for getting her kids ready to play probably their best game of their season, she's a fantastic coach and I believe should have clearly won the Coach of the Year award, over Staley.

Now, will LSU win again next season? I doubt it, but you never know.

All I hope is that OU can get a couple great portal kids to fill some holes we have, and we cut back on turnovers next season!!!

I agree, LSU was the better team yesterday, AND the officiating was horrid. I felt like the IOWA v. SC game should have been the championship game, as it was very competitive and exciting. The Iowa team that played that game didn't show up against LSU, IMO, and I think they were emotionally drained somewhat after beating SC. Regardless, give Mulkey credit for getting her kids ready to play probably their best game of their season, she's a fantastic coach and I believe should have clearly won the Coach of the Year award, over Staley.

Now, will LSU win again next season? I doubt it, but you never know.

All I hope is that OU can get a couple great portal kids to fill some holes we have, and we cut back on turnovers next season!!!

From 2016-2022 Jennie coached teams have averaged 17.1 TOs/g so it is very unlikely will make reducing TOs a high priority. It appears she things they are a necessary evil of running an uptempo offense and you just learn to live with them.

From 2016-2022 Jennie coached teams have averaged 17.1 TOs/g so it is very unlikely will make reducing TOs a high priority. It appears she things they are a necessary evil of running an uptempo offense and you just learn to live with them.
I thought the team played to fast for their level of athletic ability at times

Up until the final game I thought the officiating for the women's games was way above normal. I have seen several very good, don't want to upset anyone and I am trying to be politically correct, women/lady officials throughout the season and several worked the tournament and two that I think are very very good worked the semi's. This threesome were as bad as it gets. I officiated college ball for 25 years and when I first got into college officiating it was through the old SWC Women's basketball. At that time women's basketball was really bad but it has become so good the last few years that it need to have better officials. I hope to never see these three again, they were all about themselves and not the young ladies on the court.

Back