MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4 (Achor Achor expected to visit OU per Trilly)

StoopsBros

Reaction score
oubanner

Moser's Roster v4.0

as of May 3, 2024

The (below) chart was put together by an Arkansas fan (@BenBrandonHoops) who is tracking/updating SEC rosters. It's simple enough, it saves me some time, so I'll use it. As the roster changes, it'll update. Here is his spreadsheet (under construction). I'll also copy/paste it and add it to my spreadsheet as well.

Feel free to point out any inaccuracies and I'll let the guy know (or change it myself).

1714763135084.png

Current OPEN Scholarships: 2

MBB Portal Tracker/Thread

March 18
– Transfer Portal Opening
May 1 – Transfer Portal Closing

Dead Period: April 4-11

PORTAL IS CLOSED!!!

• Clicking a player's name takes you to their ESPN profiles.
  • Highlights are linked....click the kid's last name.
  • X/Twitter & Instagram (IG) accounts are linked (click them and follow if you want)

Last edited:
Appreciate your work on this. One thing that jumps off the page to me is the rank of our incoming class. High school recruiting is one of the alleged strengths that some of our posters repeatedly reference when discussing Moser. There are 36 at large bids. Our NET was in the mid 40s and our incoming class is ranked 56. That is far from impressive. So, where is the improvement coming from if we don’t really kill the portal?

Appreciate your work on this. One thing that jumps off the page to me is the rank of our incoming class. High school recruiting is one of the alleged strengths that some of our posters repeatedly reference when discussing Moser. There are 36 at large bids. Our NET was in the mid 40s and our incoming class is ranked 56. That is far from impressive. So, where is the improvement coming from if we don’t really kill the portal?
I think you hit the nail on the head with your final statement...we really need to kill it in the portal.

Last edited:
Today is going to be a big start to the week. I'd expect some "big" names to start hitting the portal (like the guys below). I'm also expecting the OU kids, who are leaving, to announce this week (or be announced).

------

I think it just shows that Moser plans to use the portal heavily every year.
The quality of recruits is there...just not the quantity. 6 4 stars over 3 years...the problem is those are our only recruits.

As a refresher, this is Trilly Donovan's potential (running) portal list:

Potential Portal List (subject to change)

- Brandon Gardner (USC)
- Dylan Cardwell (Auburn)
- KD Johnson (Auburn)
- Devin Askew (Cal) ✅
- Pop Isaacs (Texas Tech)
- Kerwin Walton (Texas Tech)
- Chris Lockett (Boise State)
- Jaden Schutt (Duke)
- Matt Cross (UMass)
- Jordan Pope (Oregon State)
- Danny Wolf (Yale)
- TJ Power (Duke)
- Zeke Mayo (South Dakota State)
- Terrence Edwards (James Madison)
- Michael Eley (Siena) ✅
- Wade Taylor IV (Texas A&M)
- Nolan Hickman (Gonzaga)
- Zhuric Phelps (SMU)
- Langston Love (Baylor)
- Chris Johnson (Texas)
- Baye Fall (Arkansas)
- Lee Dort (Vanderbilt) ✅
- Trazerian White (UNC Wilmington)
- Terrance Arceneaux (Houston)
- Connor Essegian (Wisconsin) ✅
- Rubin Jones (North Texas)
- Chaunce Jenkins (Old Dominion) ✅
- Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (Louisville)
- Donovan Dent (New Mexico)
- Dug McDaniel (Michigan) ✅
- Ezra Ausar (East Carolina)
- Achor Achor (Samford)
- CJ Gunn (Indiana)
- Tarris Reed (Michigan) ✅
- Judah Mintz (Syracuse)
- Erik Reynolds (St. Joe’s)
- Khalil Brantley (La Salle) ✅
- Brandon Angel (Stanford)
- Vasean Allete (Old Dominion) ✅
- Riley Kugel (Florida)
- JaKobe Coles (TCU)
- Alston Mason (Missouri State) ✅
- Xavier Booker (Michigan State) ❌
- Ugonna Onyenso (Kentucky)
- Amari Williams (Drexel) ✅
- Jonathan Mogbo (San Francisco)
- Will Tschetter (Michigan)
- Jalen Blackmon (Stetson)
- Jonathan Beagle (Albany) ✅
- Layden Blocker (Arkansas) ✅
- AJ Hoggard (Michigan State)
- Darlinstone Dubar (Hofstra) ✅
- Kanye Clary (Penn State) ✅
- Chaz Lanier (North Florida)
- Saint Thomas (Northern Colorado)
- BJ Omot (North Dakota) ✅
- Dawson Garcia (Minnesota)
- Ish Leggett (Pitt)
- Frankie Collins (Arizona State)
- Earl Timberlake (Bryant)
- AJ Storr (Wisconsin)
- Aden Holloway (Auburn)
- Kobe Sanders (Cal Poly) ✅
- Sincere Parker (Saint Louis) ✅
- Mawot Mag (Rutgers) ✅
- Milos Uzan (Oklahoma)
- Kario Oquendo (Oregon)
- Camren Hunter (Central Arkansas) ✅
- Mekhi Mason (Rice) ✅
- Kobe Johnson (USC) ✅
- Daniel Batcho (Louisiana Tech)
- Elmarko Jackson (Kansas)
- Ven-Allen Lubin (Vanderbilt)
- Kerr Kriisa (West Virginia)
- Ian Martinez (Utah State)
- Trevon Spillers (Appalachian State)
- Ante Brzovic (Charleston)
- Frank Mitchell (Canisius) ✅
- Max Mackinnon (Elon) ✅
- Jacob Meyer (Costal Carolina) ✅
- Franck Kepnang (Washington)
- Aboubacar Traore (Long Beach State)
- Ja’Kobi Gillespie (Belmont) ✅
- Peter Filipovity (Maine) ✅
- Parsa Fallah (Southern Utah) ✅
- Jacob Crews (UT Martin) ✅
- RJ Felton (East Carolina) ❌
- Jameel Brown (Penn State) ✅
- Tafara Garpare (Georgia Tech)
- Tyren Moore (Georgia Southern)
- Seth Trimble (North Carolina)
- Kwame Evans (Oregon)
- Isaiah Rivera (UIC) ✅
- Malik Dia (Belmont) ✅
- Kyrese Mullen (Hampton) ✅
- Desmond Claude (Xavier)
- Javon Small (Oklahoma State) ✅
- Jamir Watkins (Florida State)
- Malik Mack (Harvard)
- Omaha Biliew (Iowa State)
- Quion Williams (Oklahoma State)
- Kylen Milton (UAPB) ✅
- Julian Hammond (Colorado)
- Arturo Dean (FIU) ✅
- Cliff Omoruyi (Rutgers) ✅
- Brycen Goodine (Fairfield)
- Lynn Kidd (Virginia Tech)
- Cam Corhen (Florida State)
- Sebastian Thomas (Albany)
- Jordan Derkack (Merrimack) ✅
- Josh Cohen (UMass) ✅
- Bensley Joseph (Miami) ✅
- Rytis Petraitis (Air Force) ✅
- Payton Sparks (Indiana) ✅
- Kaleb Banks (Indiana) ✅
- Cade Tyson (Belmont)
- Aaron Bradshaw (Kentucky)
- Yaxel Lendeborg (UAB)
- Braeden Smith (Colgate)
- Chad Venning (St. Bonaventure) ✅
- Garwey Dual (Providence) ✅
- Mark Armstrong (Villanova)
- Cam Carter (Kansas State) ✅
- Kadary Richmond (Seton Hall)

If you'd like to join his discord ($6 per month): The Burner The Burners on LaunchPass

I think it just shows that Moser plans to use the portal heavily every year.
The quality of recruits is there...just not the quantity. 6 4 stars over 3 years...the problem is those are our only recruits.
Who are the six? Atak is a borderline 4 star. Cooper, Los, Oweh. I guess Cole would be a fifth if you count Atak (and I honestly don’t remember Cole’s final ranking). I’d feel more confident about his recruiting if we were getting high four stars but lots of them seem to have been right on the border between 3 and 4 star.

Today is going to be a big start to the week. I'd expect some "big" names to start hitting the portal (like the guys below). I'm also expecting the OU kids, who are leaving, to announce this week (or be announced).

------

What is your best guess on which of our guys are leaving?

Who are the six? Atak is a borderline 4 star. Cooper, Los, Oweh. I guess Cole would be a fifth if you count Atak (and I honestly don’t remember Cole’s final ranking). I’d feel more confident about his recruiting if we were getting high four stars but lots of them seem to have been right on the border between 3 and 4 star.
I was going off of 247 since that was the source of the table posted.

2024: Dayton, Atak
2023:Cooper & Cole
2022: Los & Oweh

What is your best guess on which of our guys are leaving?
I'm pretty much in the same camp as everyone else; Los and Otega seem to be to two most likeliest. A separation feels needed for all parties.

I think it's time to let Yaya find more minutes elsewhere (drop levels). I'll be a little upset if he's still wasting a scholarship next season (not angry, but not happy. Injury or no injury, it's a spot that can be upgraded).

After that, the only departure that would shock me is Jalon Moore. He's the one guy you HAVE to keep, IMO, not counting incoming frosh. It'll be ideal to keep Javian but there are so many guards available, I won't lose any sleep if he wants to look/play elsewhere. If he does, get someone who can score, shoot, AND play defense (lol).

Last edited:
Dayton is a 3 according to 247 and everyone else. Otherwise, you're correct.
weird. Seems to be some errors when looking at their team rankings summary vs going to the individual school page. 2023 team rankings shows us with 2 four stars but when you go to OU's page, it shows Cole as a 3 star

I don't foresee OU taking another stretch, at this point anyway, but this will be a highly sought after kid. 6'10 floor spacer but does other things well.

I'm pretty much in the same camp as everyone else; Los and Otega seem to be to two most likeliest. A separation feels needed for all parties.

I think it's time to let Yaya find more minutes elsewhere (drop levels). I'll be a little upset if he's still wasting a scholarship next season (not angry, but not happy. Injury or no injury, it's a spot that can be upgraded).

After that, the only departure that would shock me is Jalon Moore. He's the one guy you HAVE to keep, IMO, not counting incoming frosh. It'll be ideal to keep Javian but there are so many guards available, I won't lose any sleep if he wants to look/play elsewhere. If he does, get someone who can score, shoot, AND play defense (lol).
To build on this, I was told Hughley is likely leaving which has helped my optimism on Garrison. The person is someone who would likely know but also someone who doesn’t say stuff unless it’s coming from a very good source.

Back