MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

It will even itself out. The stars will still get paid. Everything else will start to come down. I'm not sure why that is a controversial stance
I just don't agree with this at all. It's not going to even out. It hasn't in 4 years. Why do people keep saying this?

I just don't agree with this at all. It's not going to even out. It hasn't in 4 years. Why do people keep saying this?
That's not how evening out works? The first 4 years? It's going to take longer than that, and MAY even not fully happen until the SEC/Big 10 start making their own rules and potentially involve a CBA.

But it will happen. It's not going to continue at this pace.

I think a lot of that is being overstated.

First, I fully expect Bronny to stay in the draft is some team agrees ahead of time to draft him. Will that happen? I don't know, but I'd lean towards yes. Probably the Lakers if that is where Lebron is staying. They aren't winning any championships, so might as well draft Bronny and go full circus. I half joke, but I think Lebron isn't wanting to play forever, so he probably wants Bronny in the NBA.

How is Lebron going to attend a bunch of games? Easier when they both played in LA. If Lebron is in LA and Bronny in Norman, no way Lebron makes enough games to impact attendance. I also don't think OU fans would come out in droves to see him sitting in the stands, considering they can literally see him play in OKC when he plays against the Thunder. Did USC attendance soar this year?

Is there anything tying Bronny to OU other than some list of guards in the NBA Draft that might still come back?

Just seems like a long shot, a VERY long shot, no matter how you look at it. I don't see what Moser/OU/Oklahoma can offer Bronny that would be even remotely attractive to him.
This was an easy call to make.

There was 0% chance Bronny to OU ever made sense. There was only about a 10% chance that Bronny back to college made any sense.

Adding Nwankwo would be solid. I would bet he's not a starter. Doubt he beats out Jones at the 3. I would say he's our 5th or 6th guard at this point with Forsythe.
I'm not a huge fan of Wague either. Ending with these two in my mind would be a bit disappointing.

Miles/Forsythe
Elvis/Goodine
Jones/Nwankwo
Moore/Cole or Luke N
Godwin or ?
It feels to me like they are really making sure they have a replacement for Moore should he stay in the draft. I'm not sure how/why he would stay in the draft, I don't see him getting drafted unless it's very late, but I don't understand some of the offers unless that is the case. OR unless they just don't have a ton of confidence in Cole/Atak being ready for minutes at the 4 this year.

It feels to me like they are really making sure they have a replacement for Moore should he stay in the draft. I'm not sure how/why he would stay in the draft, I don't see him getting drafted unless it's very late, but I don't understand some of the offers unless that is the case. OR unless they just don't have a ton of confidence in Cole/Atak being ready for minutes at the 4 this year.

I think both can play 3/4.

That's not how evening out works? The first 4 years? It's going to take longer than that, and MAY even not fully happen until the SEC/Big 10 start making their own rules and potentially involve a CBA.

But it will happen. It's not going to continue at this pace.
You working with ifs and fifths though. We talking right now and a lot of things even out after 4 years in life. THIS on the other hand is no where near evening out.

You working with ifs and fifths though. We talking right now and a lot of things even out after 4 years in life. THIS on the other hand is no where near evening out.
I'd also argue it has started evening out.

OU football starting to spend more and win a few more NIL battles is a good example of that.

aTm football not buying more "record setting" recruiting classes is a good example of that.

LSU football's HC saying they don't have the NIL to go buy DT's is a good example of that.

NIL is still very new. Once we're in year 7, or 10, or whatever the number is, it's going to look and feel different than it did in year 1 or 2.

Nwankwo and Wague filling the last two spots does not move the needle for me at all.
It would make for a very underwhelming transfer class and set us up for a very tough year. Wague has done absolutely nothing in his career. If we end up with him, I will be interested in seeing how some will spin this as a win (he has potential, he can be a rim protector, etc.). I know nothing about Nwankwo but I think it's fair to say he is many steps down from some of the names we were hearing a week or two ago -- and certainty not the guy you'd hope to land with our apparently-newly available NIL funds.

Let's hope there is still more out there for us, as unlikely as that might be.

I'd also argue it has started evening out.

OU football starting to spend more and win a few more NIL battles is a good example of that.

aTm football not buying more "record setting" recruiting classes is a good example of that.

LSU football's HC saying they don't have the NIL to go buy DT's is a good example of that.

NIL is still very new. Once we're in year 7, or 10, or whatever the number is, it's going to look at feel different than it did in year 1 or 2.
You used football for 3 examples on a basketball board. When we just witnessed a player get $2 Million from Washington IN BASKETBALL.

Missouri would say otherwise in football by the way. That's not evening out. Or Ole Miss. We just replaced A&M with Ole Miss and Mizzou in football.

4 Years? Has it really been that long?

Even if it has, that isn't a very long time. Teams are just now getting their NILs collectives together and working out the kinks

I think football will even out more so than basketball. Basketball has fewer players and it’s just easier to build a talented team. But, let’s also just see how good Washington is.

Back