MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

I guess my response would be, what positives can you point to in the program right now? What do we have going for us? Just missed the tourney with his best roster, and has since lost basically all that talent while missing on every main target. Combine that with his lack of playing time, and I honestly can’t think of any significant reason he would have to stay.
Don’t have a problem with him choosing to leave, I get it for many reasons you mention. It sucks as I would watch him in warm ups every home game trying to see why he was not playing. But we will have a full roster of players for one reason or another choose to play for OU and they are not crazy to want to.

Don’t have a problem with him choosing to leave, I get it for many reasons you mention. It sucks as I would watch him in warm ups every home game trying to see why he was not playing. But we will have a full roster of players for one reason or another choose to play for OU and they are not crazy to want to.
I understand your point. But a lot of those guys will be players who didn’t have many other high major offers. For them, sure, going to an SEC team makes sense. For guys with options, we just aren’t attractive right now.

I really liked Porter tbh. A lot of players out there. We shall see. Not down on season yet
The Last Man Standing GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

JK, of course.

I understand your point. But a lot of those guys will be players who didn’t have many other high major offers. For them, sure, going to an SEC team makes sense. For guys with options, we just aren’t attractive right now.
Idk why saying certain players would be crazy to stay at OU is controversial. That doesn’t mean you hate the university. We all want to see OU succeed. But there are so many better programs right now that it’s hard to see anyone staying at OU imo.

Idk why saying certain players would be crazy to stay at OU is controversial. That doesn’t mean you hate the university. We all want to see OU succeed. But there are so many better programs right now that it’s hard to see anyone staying at OU imo.
To me it makes it sound like anyone who stays or chooses to come is wrong. Yes there is probably better choices of programs, so I have no problem with anyone that leaves or doesn’t choose OU.

Totally agree.

I don't want to go full-crazy on the social media talk again, lol, but I legit don't get why they think having an iron curtain up is helping matters. They're quite obviously failing right and left with their methods. I've grown to immensely hate the stubbornness. If you're Dan Hurley and you want an information blackout, so be it. It would suck for UConn fans but at least they could say, "eh, it works. I hate it but it works". Hurley is actually doing the opposite and is using SM to have fun in an annoying portal era. Us OU fans don't get to truly have any excitement, we know less than a lot of fanbases, while also watching our favorite program suck a**. Everything about this program right now is annoying as fucc and it's arguably a top 25 program historically (or was). It's not all on Moser, he's part of the entire mess though.

Meanwhile, football, the example I've used ad nauseum, is a machine on Twitter. They don't see following recruits, tweeting graphics/poems/etc, or really any of it as a negative (there are some things purposefully hidden from SM as one would expect). For example: Damonic Williams. If they lose out on him, it won't be because a couple of online nerds like myself tracked follows.

MBB has had 3 commitments and they've promoted 0 of them. Someone will say, "they will when the class is done". Why not both? Why not purposefully have a day for each kid they get?

Look at WBB....

on the original commitment day....

Tweet #1....some pre-commitment excitement

Tweet #2 is/was Raegan herself with a commitment video (nicely done in-house)

Tweet #3 was trying to sell season tickets based on the Beers commitment (smart, love it)

Tweet #4 was another Raegan tweet...this time the in-house graphic

Total comments on all 4 tweets: 246
Total reposts on all 4 tweets: 742
Total likes on all 4 tweets: 5.3K (roughly)
Total views on all 4 tweets: over 500K

On IG, they did the pre-commitment/Jennie B video. 1130+ likes.

That's not, obviously, counting all the national/local reporters/fans that tweeted their owns tweets.

Exposure on the original commitment day = millions most likely

Then today, WBB announced the official signing, more visibility (including the NCAA account).

View attachment 1649View attachment 1650View attachment 1651

It's really not that complicated. More positive exposure = more positivity in general.

Now, of course, landing Beers isn't the same as landing Kobe Elvis but still, use the tools at your disposal. JMO, of course.

Hire a damn social media manager. Put them to work. Yeesh. Have Moser do some kind of pre-commitment tweet. Let fans have fun!

Sorry man…social media is t this fans idea of fun lol

Way overblowing it

Being a fan of a program and team that is slow to embrace NIL as the way of the future (it isn't going away, no matter what you believe Congress or the NCAA can do).

This will be the first true NIL year, as the past couple had 24 and 25 year olds on rosters, due to Covid years.

I don’t even understand how Kansas has any spots left
Not sure if you know or can share so please ignore if you can’t, but have you heard anything about how the Cooper news was received by the staff? I’d be curious to know what the feeling is inside the coaching circle

Nope what? We almost did it this year.

It's either get fired and have that hanging over your head, or you go find a landing spot and leave OU on your terms. It nearly happened this year, but we were on the bubble and both sides decided to stick it out.

Moser is absolutely gone next year if we don't make the Tournament. 100%.

JIC
Onyenso
Ven-Allen Lubin

Call it a day and get the hell out of portal season.

JIC/Elvis
Goodine/Jones
Moore/Jones
VAL/Moore
Onyenso/Sam

I still think you shoot your shot at guys like Cam Christie and Brazile and see what happens.

Not sure if you know or can share so please ignore if you can’t, but have you heard anything about how the Cooper news was received by the staff? I’d be curious to know what the feeling is inside the coaching circle
I heard they asked Cooper to go look at the Culture Wall and to make sure he really wanted to leave.

They were shocked he still did.

Back