Memphis 2010 Recruiting Class

Why have none of those guys signed LOIs yet?
And how are they planning on signing like 23 players?

A 6'7 230lb C? Seriously, he may be a good player, but Rivals and Jerry seem to really be reaching on some of these kids. Am I really to believe that there are more 5* quality players in the city of Memphis than in the state of TX ? Now, I realize that the kid really is a 3 or 4 in college and really only a 3 if he's NBA good.

A 6'7 230lb C? Seriously, he may be a good player, but Rivals and Jerry seem to really be reaching on some of these kids. Am I really to believe that there are more 5* quality players in the city of Memphis than in the state of TX ? Now, I realize that the kid really is a 3 or 4 in college and really only a 3 if he's NBA good.

Rivals is based out of TN if I remember correctly so who knows...

I thought there were limits on what how many you could sign in one year. They would have 8 this year alone with Black.

I thought there were limits on what how many you could sign in one year. They would have 8 this year alone with Black.

There used to be a rule like that, but the NCAA got rid of it a couple of years ago.

I'd say 3 in the top 12 is pretty good. Young Mr Pastner is recruiting mighty well. It will be interesting to see how he coaches. If you are going to get Memphis better make it this year because he's racking up the talent.

They have the most PT to offer of any major program. I wouldn't be suprised to see 4 starters from this class next year.

incredible job by pastner. i've always disliked him, but he's proving it with the recruits. very impressive.

Memphis has always been loaded with talent.

Black is definitely a 4/5. Just because he's "only" 6-7 doesn't mean he can't play in the post.

Pastner is a snake-oil salesman on the rise.

I could be way off on this, but I've always really liked Pastner. I think he has a fantastic story too, with how he got into coaching. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember VillageIdiot (aka CGates) had some type of connection with Pastner. I'd love to hear him weigh in...

Ranking more guys out of the state of Tennessee let alone Memphis over the entire state of Texas is ridiculous and practically a statiscal impossibility. Memphis is not a big city (about 1.2 million) while DFW and Houston are both over 5 million (DFW 6.3 million, Houston 5.7 million). Texas has a population over 26 million, Tennessee has a population of 6.2 million. Stastically this is just not going to happen.

I could be way off on this, but I've always really liked Pastner. I think he has a fantastic story too, with how he got into coaching.

he's hal pastner's kid. i don't see how that's a fantastic story.

Memphis has always been loaded with talent.

Black is definitely a 4/5. Just because he's "only" 6-7 doesn't mean he can't play in the post.

Like I said, a 3 or 4 in college. He is not a 5 in the traditional sense. And if he is listed at 6'7 then that means what...he's closer to 6'5 and some change? I'm not saying the kid isn't a great prospect, but a little strange to be listed as a top ten C by Rivals.

Like I said, a 3 or 4 in college. He is not a 5 in the traditional sense. And if he is listed at 6'7 then that means what...he's closer to 6'5 and some change? I'm not saying the kid isn't a great prospect, but a little strange to be listed as a top ten C by Rivals.

He will never play a second at the 3. He's a low post player.

There's a lot more than size that goes into playing the 5.

So Dejaun Blair was a 3/4 in college and is a 3 in the pros right now...

I'm pretty sure Dejaun Blair played the 5 for Pitt and was just fine at 6'5 and a half

Back