Met Blake Griffin today

ClipperSooner

Reaction score
I was having a random business meeting at The Cheesecake Factory today in Marina Del Rey, and lo-and-behold, Blake Griffin walks in.

I was geeking out but managed to meet him and have my picture taken with him. What a nice guy. I introduced myself as a Sooner fan and told him how proud I was of him and the team this last season. Luckily I had a Thunder shirt on for some validation. He let me take a couple of photos with him and we finished the short conversation with a slap five and fist pound. It totally made my year!!

Awesome!!!!!!

-ClipperSooner

How tall was he in tennis shoes? How did his wingspan look?

I was having a random business meeting at The Cheesecake Factory today in Marina Del Rey, and lo-and-behold, Blake Griffin walks in.

I was geeking out but managed to meet him and have my picture taken with him. What a nice guy. I introduced myself as a Sooner fan and told him how proud I was of him and the team this last season. Luckily I had a Thunder shirt on for some validation. He let me take a couple of photos with him and we finished the short conversation with a slap five and fist pound. It totally made my year!!

Awesome!!!!!!

-ClipperSooner

Thanks for sharing. I am glad you went up to him. I'm sure that he appreciated that.

Awesome!!!!!!

-ClipperSooner

Just curious.....did the people you were having your business meeting with know who he was?

No, they had no idea. It was funny. I had a guy from England and a guy from Norway and then two guys from Florida who I guess aren't sports fans at this meeting. One of the Florida guys was talking, and we were heavy into our 3 hr meeting and I just said, "Hold on guy's, I hate to interrupt but my hero is standing out there. He's a Oklahoma Sooner and is gonna be a major league NBA player!" . Then they said, go out there and meet him. 0.25 seconds later I was out of my chair.

-ClipperSooner

No, they had no idea. It was funny. I had a guy from England and a guy from Norway and then two guys from Florida who I guess aren't sports fans at this meeting. One of the Florida guys was talking, and we were heavy into our 3 hr meeting and I just said, "Hold on guy's, I hate to interrupt but my hero is standing out there. He's a Oklahoma Sooner and is gonna be a major league NBA player!" . Then they said, go out there and meet him. 0.25 seconds later I was out of my chair.

-ClipperSooner

:dance005::dance005:

Awesome story Clipper.

Back