Mississippi State has won their last two by 32 and 27

Yeah I’m not sure 6/5 is very likely.

Ku loss
Wv 2 losses
Msu loss
Ksu loss

The maybe split tt (haven’t seen them enough)
Maybe osu a split (rivalry game)

Isu win
Ut win

Just depends on which team shows up...

Yeah I’m not sure 6/5 is very likely.

Ku loss
Wv 2 losses
Msu loss
Ksu loss

The maybe split tt (haven’t seen them enough)
Maybe osu a split (rivalry game)

Isu win
Ut win

Just depends on which team shows up...

Nice to know MSU is already a loss. Then again, we ARE going 0-18 in conference, 1-17 at best, so safe to say we can't possibly win a home game against a middle of the pack SEC team.

not trying to stifle anything but lets be clear

the overwelming negitive posters and the trolls are the ones that drive people away
Well, I just spent a couple of minutes searching out Traveler's last posts on this board. Let's just say that Traveler and I occupy space in the same boat as to the trajectory of the program.

But, to each his own. I'm not going to jump all over abd. I've been posting on the same boards alongside him for over 15 years. Same with Traveler, until he left.

I agree with this... because it is out of conference I don't think it is a must win. The TCU game was absolutely a must-win. You can't lose that game at home. and be 11-7 right now.

The first 6 conferences games have been favorable to OU... They are 3-3 in those games. A bad KSU team at home, a bad UT team, a bad ISU team, and TCU at home. Baylor and Kansas are obviously not favorable for anyone really.

The next 5 games are:
Miss State at home
at Kansas State
OSU at home
at Texas Tech
West Virginia at home

If OU goes 3-2 in this stretch, they will be 15-9. I think this is an important STRETCH of games, but the MSU game itself isn't a must win. They really need to go 3-2 in that stretch though, because things get really iffy if they dont.

Because the next 6 after that are:
Iowa State
at Kansas
Baylor
at OSU
Texas Tech
at West Virginia

If they go 3-2 in the first stretch and get to 15-9.... and go 3-3 in the second stretch, they will be at 18-12 heading into TCU and Texas, who they should beat. That is likely ISU, OSU, and Texas Tech.

If you go into the last 2 games at 18-12, you may already have enough for the tournament, but getting to 20-12 should definitely be enough.

Thoughts on that breakdown?

A couple of thoughts. I think college basketball is slightly down as a whole (as evidenced by the rotation of #1 teams this season) and because of that, I believe the bubble will be down as well this year.

I believe the magic total win number for this team (to get into the tournament) this season is 19.....so long as this team avoids any potential "bad losses". As of now according to NET, there are only (2) potential bad losses left on the schedule (OSU, ISU)...both at home. But I also believe 18 wins might get it done as well due to the nature of a weak bubble once again.

As for your breakdown, it really depends on if we see more of what we saw last night (effort, defense, etc.). I think OU is better than OSU, KSU, ISU, Texas, and TCU.....thus putting us at 5th in the conference. But this team must deliver results and win @OSU, @K-State, and @TCU (or at least two of those 3 road games). I also think they will beat one of Tech, WV, or Baylor at home.....again I'm basing this on the improving effort/intensity that we've seen as of late. I also think OU will handle OSU, Texas and ISU at home. Beating Mississippi State would be a nice as well.

In summary, I think any combination of 7 wins from the above games (as well as KC) definitely/easily gets us into the tournament....and likely at least a 9-seed. Our crafty non-con schedule will pay dividends once again. Any win number above 7, than we are probably looking at no worse than a 7 seed.....seriously. If we only get 6 more wins (18 wins total), then I give us a slightly better than 50/50 to still make the tournament....as maybe an 11 seed.

Nice to know MSU is already a loss. Then again, we ARE going 0-18 in conference, 1-17 at best, so safe to say we can't possibly win a home game against a middle of the pack SEC team.

Lol whatever dude...

Funny you were all in on THIS thread about posters neg reaction to others...blaming them.

Btw... where did I EVER say we’d go 0/18?.... at worse I have said 7/11 or 8/10 depending on the numbers... not going back to check.

Tool...

Lol whatever dude...

Funny you were all in on THIS thread about posters neg reaction to others...blaming them.

Btw... where did I EVER say we’d go 0/18?.... at worse I have said 7/11 or 8/10 depending on the numbers... not going back to check.

Tool...

Stay the course my friend...

I'm watching Mississippi State/Arkansas as we speak on SEC Network. MSU has good size and they appear to be very athletic. They also seem to be a "volume team" as they don't run a lot of formal sets on offense. They do have a couple of guys that can shoot the 3. They also appear to be a good rebounding team. They don't play great defense by any means (that I've seen) as Arkansas has had good looks for the most part. And I think OU could exploit Miss State's and draw some fouls. Currently, Miss State is up 4 just before halftime.

Still, take all of this with a grain of salt. This is the first time i'm seeing them play and they are playing Arkansas....who can make you look kinda frantic at times.

Arkansas is good, miss state is a top 25 team.

Reggie Perry is one of the better players OU will face all year.

Arkansas is good, miss state is a top 25 team.

Both teams are pretty good. Arkansas is the beneficiary of a pretty weak non-con schedule....thus I think their record is a little inflated. Mississippi State is really good at home, not so much away from home.

Both teams are pretty good. Arkansas is the beneficiary of a pretty weak non-con schedule....thus I think their record is a little inflated. Mississippi State is really good at home, not so much away from home.

True, but if weatherspoon wasn’t hurt early they’d be top 25 imo. Only problem is they don’t have a winning culture & one of the worst jerks coaching them.

True, but if weatherspoon wasn’t hurt early they’d be top 25 imo. Only problem is they don’t have a winning culture & one of the worst jerks coaching them.

Which means OU got a crap draw in the SEC challenge because most of that league sucks.

Which means OU got a crap draw in the SEC challenge because most of that league sucks.

That league has a ton of talent, really 6 teams are top 25 talented. Miss state is only the 5/6th best team which seems about right.

That league has a ton of talent, really 6 teams are top 25 talented. Miss state is only the 5/6th best team which seems about right.

Saturday won't be easy, but I do think Mississippi State is foul prone because they don't play defense with their feet. I would also like to see Doo isolated on Perry....maybe get him in foul trouble. Whoever is guarding Perry down low is going to have their hands full.

I've been racking my brain who I would compare MSU to in our league. I think they are a taller, better version of Iowa State maybe? Or maybe they are a poor man's Kansas team.....but they aren't near the same stratosphere that Kansas is defensively.

Saturday won't be easy, but I do think Mississippi State is foul prone because they don't play defense with their feet. I would also like to see Doo isolated on Perry....maybe get him in foul trouble. Whoever is guarding Perry down low is going to have their hands full.

I've been racking my brain who I would compare MSU to in our league. I think they are a taller, better version of Iowa State maybe? Or maybe they are a poor man's Kansas team.....but they aren't near the same stratosphere that Kansas is defensively.

I would say they are a poor man's West Virginia... WVU is also 6'7'' at small forward, 6'10'' at PF, and 6'10'' at center... Reggie Perry and Oscar Tshiebwe are also both future pros at that position.

Perry is the big picture, can he dominate/ will OU dominate him. To me the key is Weatherspoon, keep him in check and OU wins.

Great... catching them in stride apparently. Beat Mizzou 72-45 and then beat Georgia 91-59. They play a good Arkansas team tonight so we will get a good look at them.

Unfortunately for OU, they are a huge team with a lot of talent. No idea why they are 11-6. This is a bad matchup and a dangerous game for OU. In the Baylor thread, I noted it was a good matchup for OU and predicted a close game... OU is fairly predictable on what is a good or bad matchup for the team.

This team, despite their record, appears to have a lot of talent and tons of size.

G - Tyson Carter (6'4'' 175 Senior) - Averages 14 points and 2 rebounds per game, and 4 assists per game. Top 100 player out of high school and has played in over 100 games.
G - Nick Weatherspoon (6'2'' 185 Junior) - Averages 13 points and 3 rebounds per game.. Preseason All SEC 3rd team. Ranked #5 point guard in nation out of high school.
SF - Robert Woodard (6'7'' 235 Sophomore) - Huge wing that averages 12 points and 8 rebounds per game. Shoots 51% from the 3pt line. #30 overall player out of high school. Gatorade Player of Year in Mississippi.
F - Abdul Ado (6'11'' 255) - Averages 6 points and 7 rebounds per game. Blocks about 2 shots per game. #76 overall player out of high school.
F - Reggie Perry (6'10'' 250) - Averages 16.4 points and 10 rebounds per game. Their best player. Was a McDonalds All-American in high school. MVP of the FIBA U19 team. Guy is a total stud. Has range out to the 3 point line as well. Future pro player.

To give you an idea on Perry, check out some of these games.

26 points and 17 rebounds vs Kent State
23 points and 10 rebounds vs Mizzou
22 points, 12 rebounds, and 6 assists vs Mizzou
21 points and 12 rebounds vs Auburn
13 points and 15 rebounds vs LSU

The guy is a beast.

This is exactly the same type of lineup description that you put together for osu not too long ago so....

This is exactly the same type of lineup description that you put together for osu not too long ago so....

I do a lineup analysis in all my threads like this... Whether it's OSU, TCU, North Texas, Baylor, whatever. The lineup is what it is.

Back