Mississippi State has won their last two by 32 and 27

I do a lineup analysis in all my threads like this... Whether it's OSU, TCU, North Texas, Baylor, whatever. The lineup is what it is.

I don’t understand how you providing this type of info on OU’s next opponent could be viewed as a negative.

Well, I just spent a couple of minutes searching out Traveler's last posts on this board. Let's just say that Traveler and I occupy space in the same boat as to the trajectory of the program.

But, to each his own. I'm not going to jump all over abd. I've been posting on the same boards alongside him for over 15 years. Same with Traveler, until he left.

Traveler was one of the most dedicated, respected, positive posters this board has ever seen, and now he’s gone.

Sadly, SoonerTraveler is not the only one. Some of our best posters: DenverSooner, Sooner23, campbest, SoonerNorm, playmakr, Edmond Sooner and BigTime to name a few, don’t come around much anymore, if at all.

I don’t claim to know why all of these posters stopped coming here regularly, but I do know when and why Traveler left. He grew tired of being treated like he was a traitor after he had the audacity to say he wasn’t happy with the state of a basketball program he had supported as a member of the Tip-In Club and season ticket holder for many years. I considered leaving myself around that time for the same reason.

The divide between OU basketball fans who feel they have the right to speak up when they’re not happy with Lon and/or his staff, and those who feel he can do no wrong has never been greater. Everyone who has anything negative to say about Coach Kruger in a respectful manner is not a troll. And, yes, I have been guilty of pointing an accusing finger at some posters myself over the years, and for that I am truly sorry.

But one thing I know for sure. Thebigabd IS NOT a troll. He was a student at OU when our friendship began fifteen years ago. He was an admin on this board once, one of a number of posters I brought over from the Insider board. He has no equal as a thread starter, except maybe BigTime, who is too busy now to post much. Think about how dull this board would be if Abd and a few others didn’t start new threads.

This is the best basketball board on the Net, and it’s not even close! Don’t ruin it with a “my way or the highway” attitude. I don’t want to lose another poster like SoonerTraveler, and I hope you don’t either.

Traveler was one of the most dedicated, respected, positive posters this board has ever seen, and now he’s gone.

Sadly, SoonerTraveler is not the only one. Some of our best posters: DenverSooner, Sooner23, campbest, SoonerNorm, playmakr, Edmond Sooner and BigTime to name a few, don’t come around much anymore, if at all.

I don’t claim to know why all of these posters stopped coming here regularly, but I do know when and why Traveler left. He grew tired of being treated like he was a traitor after he had the audacity to say he wasn’t happy with the state of a basketball program he had supported as a member of the Tip-In Club and season ticket holder for many years. I considered leaving myself around that time for the same reason.

The divide between OU basketball fans who feel they have the right to speak up when they’re not happy with Lon and/or his staff, and those who feel he can do no wrong has never been greater. Everyone who has anything negative to say about Coach Kruger in a respectful manner is not a troll. And, yes, I have been guilty of pointing an accusing finger at some posters myself over the years, and for that I am truly sorry.

But one thing I know for sure. Thebigabd IS NOT a troll. He was a student at OU when our friendship began fifteen years ago. He was an admin on this board once, one of a number of posters I brought over from the Insider board. He has no equal as a thread starter, except maybe BigTime, who is too busy now to post much. Think about how dull this board would be if Abd and a few others didn’t start new threads.

This is the best basketball board on the Net, and it’s not even close! Don’t ruin it with a “my way or the highway” attitude. I don’t want to lose another poster like SoonerTraveler, and I hope you don’t either.

I think this post should ready carefully by a few who are mainly responsible for this.

Looking at the OU game on Saturday and it will be a tough test. They recently beat a 12-5 TCU team by 20, and lost by 2 to #1 Baylor @ Baylor.

Unfortunately for Miss State they have 2 very good stretch forwards that will bring Perry and Ado out to the perimeter. I don’t know if we’ll be able to guard them at all seeing how we just barely beat an Arkansas team that is not very good.

G – De’Vion Harmon (6’1” 198 Freshman) Averages over 8 points, 2 assists, and 1.4 steals. Top 40 recruit and started on Team USA in high school. Really playing well as of late.
G – Jamal Bienemy (6’4” 180 Sophomore) Averages 5 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists. Started as a freshman and one of the top assist:turnover in the conference. Top 150 player in high school.
G – Austin Reaves (6’5” 180 Junior) Averages 15 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists. Transfer from Wichita State. One of the best offensive players in the conference.
F – Brady Manek (6’9 220 Junior) Averages 16 points & 7 rebounds. Elite shooter and had 31 points against TCU & 21 points against Baylor. 2nd in 3pt % & makes. Top 150 player in high school.
F – Kristian Doolittle (6’7” 230 Senior) Averages 16 points, 9 rebounds, and 2 assists. Pre-Season All Big12. One of the best Seniors in the country. Top 5 in scoring, rebounding, and FT% in the Big12. Top 150 in high school.

They also bring 2 highly rated Juco kids off the bench that we didn’t even offer.

This is all in good fun, I really do appreciate the other team breakdowns.

given that Ben Howland is the MSU coach, i'm a little surprised to read they aren't very good on D. that was kind of his "thing" at Pitt and UCLA as i recall....ball control O, D up...made them tough in the tournament, had success in the post-season vs. say another former Pitt coach Jamie Dixon who seemed to underachieve in the tournament with some high seed teams. i haven't seen MSU at all this year.

food for thought.

Last edited:
given that Ben Howland is the MSU coach, i'm a little surprised to read they aren't very good on D. that was kind of his "thing" at Pitt and UCLA as i recall....ball control O, D up...made them tough in the tournament, had success in the post-season vs. say another former Pitt coach Jamie Dixon who seemed to underachieve in the tournament with some high seed teams. i haven't seen MSU at all this year.

food for thought.

• #3 in the SEC in blocks per game (.5 out of #1)
  • #8 in steals per game
  • #1 in offensive rebounds per game (this is my big concern)... They get nearly 14 offensive boards per game on average, which is the OU Achilles heel.

I think this post should ready carefully by a few who are mainly responsible for this.

I'm not one of those few, but read it carefully nonetheless. Ada has always had a knack for putting things in proper perspective.

I remember Traveler being very frustrated with the direction of the program, but didn't realize that any posters on here drove him off. That's too bad as he would be on the Mt. Rushmore list of OU basketball fans.

As for the game, it was obvious the two teams were very evenly matched, and it was a game we really did need to win. While I'm a few weeks away from paying close attention to Joe Lunardi, seeing we were his "last 4 in" before the MSU game tells me we have to win these toss-up games starting now.

I am going to go ahead and echo what a few in this thread and the game thread said.....the win over Mississippi State is going to look better and better as the season goes. They won @Florida (another probable tournament team) tonight. Mississippi State's trajectory is ascending....as I'm hoping ours is as well.

Back