Sam

Reaction score
1-5
:willie922_jpg_xs:

6-10
Chendog and DFW will be upset at some of the low rankings in 6-10

11-15
BigABD will approve of this list.

Why would I be upset as KU has 5 of the top 11 pro prospects and this list doesn't even include Xavier Henry.

Chendog, I thought you would be upset that your boy Sheron is lower than Taylor.

Chendog, I thought you would be upset that your boy Sheron is lower than Taylor.

Well it is "pro prospects" and Draft Express and the NBA is all about potential.
I love my boy Tyshawn but Sherron will be a much better pro. Sherron will be a good pro. He's strong, quick and can flat out score. He reminds me a bit of another Chi-Town product that Playmakr can attest to in Tim Hardaway.

My issues with this list... Diante Garrett a better pro prospect than Lace Dunn? Please. Glad to see it though because I think if Baylor lands Pressey or a good PG to go with Perry Jones, they have an excellent shot at doing national damage in 2010-2011. But I think Dunn is going to have a breakout year and move up this list. He was explosive in high school and then injured his knee. He was never healthy until the stretch run last year. And he played very well in the big 12 tourney and NIT. I'm sure Cheno remembers his six cold-blooded 3's against KU:) In scrimmages, he has been taking it to the rim very strong and finishing with dunks in traffic.

I think Udoh is rated correctly based on the offensive question marks, but I think he will surprise a lot of people offensively. I have seen it with my own eyes. He looks polished to me. We will see how he performs when the lights come on. I hope he stays two years, but I would bet like Elonu at A&M that if he sneaks into the late first round, he is gone.

Tyshawn Taylor is a better pro prospect than Sherron Collins. Collins is plenty quick and good on the college level. But in the pros, he has average quickness and he is 5'11". How many 5'11" guards with average quickness stick in the pros? You can count them on one hand probably and they are exceptional shooters. Collins is not an exceptional shooter. Taylor just projects a lot better in the pros.

That being said, I would be surprised if Taylor leaves next year. I don't think he projects in the top 15 and he probably would if he stayed the next year and was able to take over PG duties.

It's silly to say Sherron Collins has avg quickness. He gets in the lane at will.
And Collins is a very good shooter.
Taylor on the other hand is a below average outside shooter and not a true PG. Where do you play him in the NBA?

My issues with this list... Diante Garrett a better pro prospect than Lace Dunn? Please. Glad to see it though because I think if Baylor lands Pressey or a good PG to go with Perry Jones, they have an excellent shot at doing national damage in 2010-2011. But I think Dunn is going to have a breakout year and move up this list. He was explosive in high school and then injured his knee. He was never healthy until the stretch run last year. And he played very well in the big 12 tourney and NIT. I'm sure Cheno remembers his six cold-blooded 3's against KU:) In scrimmages, he has been taking it to the rim very strong and finishing with dunks in traffic.

I think Udoh is rated correctly based on the offensive question marks, but I think he will surprise a lot of people offensively. I have seen it with my own eyes. He looks polished to me. We will see how he performs when the lights come on. I hope he stays two years, but I would bet like Elonu at A&M that if he sneaks into the late first round, he is gone.

Tyshawn Taylor is a better pro prospect than Sherron Collins. Collins is plenty quick and good on the college level. But in the pros, he has average quickness and he is 5'11". How many 5'11" guards with average quickness stick in the pros? You can count them on one hand probably and they are exceptional shooters. Collins is not an exceptional shooter. Taylor just projects a lot better in the pros.

That being said, I would be surprised if Taylor leaves next year. I don't think he projects in the top 15 and he probably would if he stayed the next year and was able to take over PG duties.

It's absurd how much xs and os hoop knowledge you have. Just a damned pleasure to read.

Sic em! And I remember those threes in OKC as well, hilarious seeing seff getting clowned by Drew n Co.

diante garrett isn't a top 60 in the big 12 pro prospect. he'll be lucky if he doesn't lose his starting job this year.

6a00e553e551d18834010536033251970b-500wi

JT Tiller owned Collins in Columbia last year. 4-13 with 6 turnovers.

He shot better in Lawrence, but still had 5 turnovers.

IMO he's not going to last as a pro point guard.

Or... maybe Tiller's being overlooked. There are two ends of the floor, after all...

the guy that wrote that article must be an Iowa State fan. I would think Tiller and Fatty's boy- Clemente- are better pro prospects than Garrett. Garrett has good size but I would say his chances of going pro early are as close to zero as you can get.

JT Tiller owned Collins in Columbia last year. 4-13 with 6 turnovers.

He shot better in Lawrence, but still had 5 turnovers.

IMO he's not going to last as a pro point guard.

Or... maybe Tiller's being overlooked. There are two ends of the floor, after all...

LOL, yeah he shot better in Lawrence to the tune of 8-14 and 4-6 from 3 for 25 points. JT Tiller is a terrific defender and did a good job on Collins but let's not act like the game in Lawrence was the exception rather than the game at Mizzou.

Collins' chances at a long pro career all depend on how well he takes care of his body which to this point is questionable. It definitely isn't about his ability to play basketball.

LOL, yeah he shot better in Lawrence to the tune of 8-14 and 4-6 from 3 for 25 points. JT Tiller is a terrific defender and did a good job on Collins but let's not act like the game in Lawrence was the exception rather than the game at Mizzou.

Collins' chances at a long pro career all depend on how well he takes care of his body which to this point is questionable. It definitely isn't about his ability to play basketball.

Well said. It's amazing to me how people try and skew stats.

There's nothing to be skewed about 5.5 turnovers per game.

There's nothing to be skewed about 5.5 turnovers per game.

LOL. Yeah, he had a high rate of TO's against a team that probably caused more TO's than any team in the country. Collins definitely needs to cut down on his TO rate but for as much as he handled the ball and the pressure for KU some TO's are to be expected.

The skewed part is acting as if those are the only part of the game.

Who is the English kid? Never heard of him before reading this.

Seems like there are some Freshman that are better talent then the 2nd and third team players on this list.

Back