New CBS Rankings - 6* Big XII Schools

DapperDan

Reaction score
I say 6 with an asterisk, because for some reason they list the #26... and guess who it is? Yep its, :fexas-logo:

7. KU, 15. ISU, 16. Baylor, 17. OU, 18. OSU, 26. :fexas-logo:

IMO, these are pretty accurate, outside of OSU. I really like us behind ISU and Baylor for the time being, as I think that it will put a chip on our guys shoulders, heading into a huge big Monday vs the clones.

I think the Big 12 has one team that pushes the top 10 (KU) and about 4 or 5 teams that are between #10-20, and can beat anyone on any given night. OSU doesn't deserve #18. They had a good week with wins at UT, and vs KU, but the win at UT was as ugly of a win as anyone can have. I thought they might jump in at #25, which is about their ceiling, IMO. I have them between #25-30, probably getting another 8/9 seed and losing in the first round, which is an over-achievement for that team. Texas is really just not the team that I thought they'd be. Taylor has regressed, and his early season injury is no longer a viable excuse for his subpar play. I thought they'd be in a position to push KU for the regular season title, even with Barnes running the show. They just refuse to use their elite size to their advantage, and choose to be a jump-shooting team that has no good shooters lol. :ez-laugh:

Link: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/rankings/top25

I say 6 with an asterisk, because for some reason they list the #26... and guess who it is? Yep its, :fexas-logo:

7. KU, 15. ISU, 16. Baylor, 17. OU, 18. OSU, 26. :fexas-logo:

IMO, these are pretty accurate, outside of OSU. I really like us behind ISU and Baylor for the time being, as I think that it will put a chip on our guys shoulders, heading into a huge big Monday vs the clones.

I think the Big 12 has one team that pushes the top 10 (KU) and about 4 or 5 teams that are between #10-20, and can beat anyone on any given night. OSU doesn't deserve #18. They had a good week with wins at UT, and vs KU, but the win at UT was as ugly of a win as anyone can have. I thought they might jump in at #25, which is about their ceiling, IMO. I have them between #25-30, probably getting another 8/9 seed and losing in the first round, which is an over-achievement for that team. Texas is really just not the team that I thought they'd be. Taylor has regressed, and his early season injury is no longer a viable excuse for his subpar play. I thought they'd be in a position to push KU for the regular season title, even with Barnes running the show. They just refuse to use their elite size to their advantage, and choose to be a jump-shooting team that has no good shooters lol. :ez-laugh:

Link: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/rankings/top25

I don't think OSU wins at Texas had Felix been able to play. Also, Holmes left the game early with an injury as well. If Texas had those two, I think they beat OSU. Along the same lines, I don't see Texas winning at K-State last saturday if KSU had Marcus Foster in the lineup.

Texas is limited at the guard position and they really don't have any pure outside shooters (Felix is streaky at best)....thus they can't take advantage of their size inside by stretching the defense. Taylor is a shoot-first PG and only looks to distribute when it's earlier in the shot clock. Otherwise, he is driving and shooting a floater. Holmes make a huge difference for this team when he is playing well....he is a matchup problem for just about everyone.

I don't think OSU wins at Texas had Felix been able to play. Also, Holmes left the game early with an injury as well. If Texas had those two, I think they beat OSU. Along the same lines, I don't see Texas winning at K-State last saturday if KSU had Marcus Foster in the lineup.

Who knows what would have happened, but FWIW, Hickey pretty much controlled Felix at the game in GIA. He scored 8 points on 3 of 10 shooting and had 1 assist. And most of those points came late when we were up by like 15.

As for Holmes, we were up like 8/9 points when he left the game, so it's not like he was making a huge impact. We also held him scoreless in the game at GIA.

The Texas game was ugly no doubt, but a conference road win is a conference road win.

Seems to me you would want a team you swept to be ranked. Looks better come resume time. So OSU being ranked is beneficial to OU in some ways.

Back