NewsOK Article Re: OU WBB

Sure enough you couldn’t answer my ONE question. I will ask it again Syb and it is REAL easy. In fact I’ll give you an out you can answer just YES or NO. Is Sherri responsible for ANY of the problems with the OU women’s program????

Just suck it up and answer THAT ONE question - unless you can’t find it within yourself to do it. DON’T give me any more diatribe- if you WON’T answer then don’t post at all. YES OR NO.
I have no intention of allowing your mindset to define what I post or answer.

I think that is a YES hiding behind the fact he can’t admit to ever being wrong.

From his posts this year compared to years past, I think we know the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2009 was the Year OU should have signed one of the good post coming out of Texas, OU went all in on Bone, but she drop OU after cutting her list from 7 to 5. Joanna was a decent role player, but Cloman wasn’t a big 12 caliber post, and clearly a plan B recruit...

Your "questions" have been asked and answered many times on this board. You choose to blame it all an Sherri, or at least the majority. Nobody will convince you of anything else. I am tired of trying.

Then if you are so tired I suggest that you quit trying and we will not have to be exposed to it.

2009 was the Year OU should have signed one of the good post coming out of Texas, OU went all in on Bone, but she drop OU after cutting her list from 7 to 5. Joanna was a decent role player, but Cloman wasn’t a big 12 caliber post, and clearly a plan B recruit...

Not atypical to how several recruiting years have turned out. It appears, but no one will ever know for certain, that Sherri likes to focus on only a single player to fill a need with a limited option B instead of focusing on perhaps 3 top player that meets her needs and taking the first one that commits. Of course I am just speculating although I have some very limited inside info.

She has also limited exposure of the program to recruits by minimizing or eliminating clinics, camps and use of social media. I think as do other top programs that you need to maximize exposure.

Not atypical to how several recruiting years have turned out. It appears, but no one will ever know for certain, that Sherri likes to focus on only a single player to fill a need with a limited option B instead of focusing on perhaps 3 top player that meets her needs and taking the first one that commits. Of course I am just speculating with some very limited inside info.

She has also limited exposure to recruits by minimizing or eliminating clinics, camps and use of social media. I think as do other top programs that you need to maximize exposure.

I have no intention of allowing your mindset to define what I post or answer.

Well you are just as a few have told me before I came to this board. By your two “non answers” you Have DEFINED yourself LOL.

So thanks for answering by not answering, I and the many others here now no that you blame Sherri for 0% of the OU women’s basketball program. WOW is all I can say and a big time LOL.

The facts are there.
Recruiting slipped. Big time. Talent level slipped gradually.
More recruiting misses than hits even with the "top" talent. Bad evals or
poor development.
You can blame Sherri getting bored with recruiting, a lapse in recruiting effort.
Or changes in the recruiting environment.
Doesn't really matter just like the recruiting lapses under Bob were Bob's problems in football.
Kornet does not work out, and she was supposed to be your elite player. Recruit another elite kid.
Manning was supposed to be your top kid. Tears her ACL. Go get a replacement.
Sherri's completely responsible for roster management at OU.
It's her freaking job. Fix it or move on.

Now fixes appear to be in place, recruiting appears to be improving. Let's see it continue and let's see the results start to appear on the court.

Sherri has had trouble filling rosters out in the past, as we all know. Remember the volleyball walk-ons we had to use as subs one year?

If you read the prof magazine article I just posted about, it reinforces that Sherri is far more interested in completing the growth of her players way beyond basketball than anything else.

I don't mean that to say she isn't focused on improving players, she just takes responsibility for helping girls become all-around good citizens and people as her main job. In short, her job is more than just about basketball.

We all agree the last couple of recruiting years, particularly with the Anna and Shaina class, have been much better than the previous 10 almost, and, as we have discussed, next year's class may put us near the peak that we need to compete at nationally to be relevant.

A third year of that kind of recruiting -- and a fourth, to be honest, would restore the prestige of the program a lot.

Back