Next years lineup

luckyc1423

Reaction score
Our rebounding is terrible....Fitzgerald is probably the worst rebounding forward I have ever seen...
Because of this I think you have to play a big lineup next year....fitz is to much of a liability in terms of rebounding...I feel sorry for pledger but he doesn't rebound well either

My lineup:
1) Blair/new recruit
2) cam
3) osby
4) fitz
5) new recruit --- I'm hoping capel brings in a real center

With that lineup our rebounding should be much better thus resulting in less second chance oppertunities

Our rebounding is terrible....Fitzgerald is probably the worst rebounding forward I have ever seen...
Because of this I think you have to play a big lineup next year....fitz is to much of a liability in terms of rebounding...I feel sorry for pledger but he doesn't rebound well either

My lineup:
1) Blair/new recruit
2) cam
3) osby
4) fitz

With that lineup our rebounding should be much better thus resulting in less second chance oppertunities

Fitzgerald is playing completely out of position and is being asked to go up against legitimate Big 12 centers. Cut him some slack.

I think we should recruit some guys that know how to ****ing play basketball :ez-laugh:

My lineup:
1) Blair/new recruit
2) cam
3) osby
4) fitz

Osby isn't going to start at the 3, and Cam isn't going to start at the 2.

Osby will start as one of the bigs (opposite of Pledger). Cam will be the 3.

We won't be an elite rebounding team next season, but we need Osby in the worst way right now. He will help in the rebounding department right away.

Last edited:
Same problems as this year, OU can't compete with texas and ku with next years projected team. It comes down to talent, OU has a bunch of bench players.

Osby isn't going to start at the 3, and Cam isn't going to start at the 4.

We won't be an elite rebounding team next season, but we need Osby in the worst way right now. He will help in the rebounding department right away.

your right cam won't start at the 4 ... .but you are wrong about osby, he very well may start at the 3 .. with cam at the 2 ..

So you are saying we won't compete with 2 of the top 3 teams in the nation? How the mighty have fallen.

He's not going to sit Fitz to start the year...

Blair
Pledger
Clark
Osby
Fitz

That line up works, but you HAVE to get Clark hitting the boards more. No excuse for a guy with his athleticism to not be grabbing more boards.

Osby isn't going to start at the 3, and Cam isn't going to start at the 2.

I agree with this, the bigger question is who becomes the best option at the 5. Fitz is a great scorer but if his defense and rebounds are still a liability does he become a spark off the bench? In theroy Clark, Pledger and Osby are enough of a scorer punch for starters that Fitz's scoring punch isnt needed on the first string.

Can Goff or possibly Jurrick, if we get him, become a consistent rebounder and defender enough that one of them becomes a 5?

In some ways I wouldn't mind Fitz off the bench as he would be instant offense if his jumper is falling.

I think next year we might actually have some flexibility with lineups, which would be nice.

your right cam won't start at the 4 ... .but you are wrong about osby, he very well may start at the 3 .. with cam at the 2 ..

My bad, had a typo... I meant that Cam won't start at the 2.

We will see when the season tips off and a lot can happen until then, but I'm willing to bet that it will be:

1 Blair
2 Pledger
3 Clark
4 Osby
5 Fitz (both 4 & 5 being interchangeable)

Sure there will be some scenarios where OU goes big and Osby will see some occurrences guarding wing players and getting plays drawn up from the wing. But primarily, he will be guarding the other players' bigs and will run the offense through the post.

But I doubt Goff will start, and Fitz won't be on the bench. So then who else would start in these spots?

Last edited:
I agree with this, the bigger question is who becomes the best option at the 5. Fitz is a great scorer but if his defense and rebounds are still a liability does he become a spark off the bench? In theroy Clark, Pledger and Osby are enough of a scorer punch for starters that Fitz's scoring punch isnt needed on the first string.

Can Goff or possibly Jurrick, if we get him, become a consistent rebounder and defender enough that one of them becomes a 5?

In some ways I wouldn't mind Fitz off the bench as he would be instant offense if his jumper is falling.

I think next year we might actually have some flexibility with lineups, which would be nice.

You bring up some great points. And I think the 5 is the biggest/most interesting scenario as well.

My take: From what I've heard/read I don't think Goff will be able to supplant Fitz or Osby. I think he is an upgrade over Washington, but I think he's better suited coming off the bench. He's not the impact player that I think some posters were purporting him to be.

A lot can happen from now until next season, but I think the weakness of Fitz (i.e. defense, not ideal rebounder) isn't bad enough for Goff to start over him.

Honestly believe we will try to push the ball more next year given that line-up. Curious to see which route we take.

Capel said recently that it would be

PG- Cesar/Blair

SG- Cam

SF- Osby

PF- Fitz

C- Goff

Honestly believe we will try to push the ball more next year given that line-up. Curious to see which route we take.

If we push the ball then fitz needs to be benched...fitz best offensive game is in the half court....if you make the game up tempo he would be nearly useless

Capel said recently that it would be

PG- Cesar/Blair

SG- Cam

SF- Osby

PF- Fitz

C- Goff

Interesting... From him saying that than a lot of posters including myself are wrong (shocker).

Where did you see/hear Capel say that jmizzy?

If we push the ball then fitz needs to be benched...fitz best offensive game is in the half court....if you make the game up tempo he would be nearly useless

We don't need Fitz to run the break, he would be an ideal trail to the free throw line with his jump shot. Much like the Loyola Marymount fastbreak was constructed.

Interesting... From him saying that than a lot of posters including myself are wrong (shocker).

Where did you see/hear Capel say that jmizzy?

The day that he was on the Sports Animal. Eschback even mentioned it today..... He said that Capel wants Pledger coming off the bench. Now I believe that may be the plan, but who's to say how much Blair, Cam, and Fitz improve?? Who knows how Big 12 ready an incoming PG will be.

Cam will really need to improve his halfcourt handles if that is the case.

Back