Norman North eliminated, ending Trae Young's high school career

They got blasted by Broken Arrow. Trae had at least seven turnovers and had a rough night shooting for the second night in a row.

They got blasted by Broken Arrow. Trae had at least seven turnovers and had a rough night shooting for the second night in a row.

He scored 46 points against MWC. If that's a rough shooting night, he must taken nearly every shot.

I was at the game and that North team is not very good besides Young.Second best player was Stoops who is a football player . BA is a lot more complete

I was at the game and that North team is not very good besides Young.Second best player was Stoops who is a football player . BA is a lot more complete

They beat Edmond North without Trae playing, so they must have some other talent. Edmond North is pretty good and ranked #1 or #2 all year. Norman North has had pretty good talent the last 2 or 3 seasons including a few other D-1 players and hasn't won state or in most cases, even made the state tournament. And as far as the overall career points, Shake Milton scored a ton. Could be wrong, but not sure he had over 600 more. Is there a list somewhere of the all-time 6A scorers?

They beat Edmond North without Trae playing, so they must have some other talent. Edmond North is pretty good and ranked #1 or #2 all year. Norman North has had pretty good talent the last 2 or 3 seasons including a few other D-1 players and hasn't won state or in most cases, even made the state tournament. And as far as the overall career points, Shake Milton scored a ton. Could be wrong, but not sure he had over 600 more. Is there a list somewhere of the all-time 6A scorers?

NN this year has Stoops, Kolar and No. 3 a wing player. All three are decent and played pretty good against MWC. None showed up the first half against BA and only Stoops played well in the 2nd half.

BA played their best game of the year - hands down. I have seen about 50% of their games and with Tony Hall scoring 30-plus and Caleb Huffman with 29 - BA just had more depth. They played a triangle and 2 against Trae all night.

I agree, NN and Trae should have won last year, but PCW was better the night of the finals - I was at that game as well and PCW was very athletic last year.

I saw Shake play a dozen times are so too, he was very smooth and a great player, but he is not in the same atmosphere as Trae - IMO.

He scored 46 points against MWC. If that's a rough shooting night, he must taken nearly every shot.

I was at the game...believe me, he had a bad night shooting from outside. He prob hit 3-16 or so from beyond the arc. Most of his points were from floaters, layups and from the FT line. He shoots a lot of shots, so I'm not surprised he still scored over 40.

Had he hit some of those 3's..they prob beat MWC and he would have had 60+.

BA didn't play a triangle and two. They play man and have the other guard double when Trae would start dribbling. Same defense they played against Shake a couple of years ago at the BOK. North's problem is zero defense. They gave up over 90 points both nights. Too many quick shots and not much of a coach.

Norman North did not look great besides young and they played Zero D. BA only got into the 40s against booker T. Not sure if they have scored 90 all year to be honest .second best player was a football player ( stoops kid).

Back