Notebook: Unlikely hero — Orlando Allen >>> The Oklahoman

Nice to see Wright give Orlando his props. It's easy to forget the positive impact bench players can have on a team, even if they're not seeing much playing time.

I was happy to see Orlando get credit for his hard work in practice, but the headline made me cringe a little bit. Why couldn't they just say "Allen's Work in Practice Helps Prepare Sooners"?

Last edited:
Orlando is a real good kid and to me he deserve better if i was Capel i would release him to go play with another team and advise him on the best fitting school for him.Orlando,is a smart kid and deserve better.

Orlando is a real good kid and to me he deserve better if i was Capel i would release him to go play with another team and advise him on the best fitting school for him.Orlando,is a smart kid and deserve better.

I dont think Capel would stop him from transferring. But, hes going to be a senior next year, so I doubt that happens. Good to see hes helping out in practice though.

Orlando is a real good kid and to me he deserve better if i was Capel i would release him to go play with another team and advise him on the best fitting school for him. Orlando,is a smart kid and deserve better.

Well, he has the opportunity for a college degree from the University of Oklahoma. Orlando will not be making big bucks playing pro ball in the future, so he will help himself by completing his scholarship, and his degree.

Hang in there Orlando! Be smart and get your degree.

Guess I'll bite...

He can bang, make guys fight for rebounds and immulate Dexter Pittman... But he can't get a little more time in some games when we are getting torn up inside? Is he that bad in other practices that Caple basically doesn't even want to try letting him go in?

Back