Notes

ouleopard

Reaction score
In talking to my sources they are stating that it is unbelievable how
much time the guys are putting in the gym. They have had individuals
do this in the past but not an entire team. Buddy is workiing hard on
ballhandling, defense and passing. I don't think you will recognize Khadeem's
offensive game with the progresss he is making. Shooting lights out.
Dinjyl Walker will be much improved as he is a typical jc guard that it takes
a year to adapt.

On another note, the OU coaches are on the road tonight in Louisville to
watch Joey Brunk and Kameron McGustys' play each other. McGusty has
been watched by the coaches for 2 years. There was never a question of
talent, he just had not kept his motor running all the time As soon as OU
offered, the flood gates opened. He had told OU he wanted to come here,
but was disappointed he had not received an offer quicker. I think he will
make the coaches work a little harder but we will eventually get him.

Temple Gibbs had an excellent visit with OU and we are definitely in the running. He is visiting Notre Dame and the coaches believe he might make
a decision after that as he has visited all the other schools he is considering
several times.

Also, the Sooners are recruiting a big out in California who is the son of
Michael Cage, the Thunder color guy. Hopefully this will help with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Woodard shoots 35% from 3 point range next season. If he can do that, OU will be very, very hard to beat. Teams really won't be able to cheat off anyone on the perimeter. If someone gets right in Woodard's face, I think he will be able to take them off the dribble.

I also hope Spangler shoots a little better from 3 point range. That will spread the floor more for the other post player.

Thanks for the update. It will be fun to watch this team next year.

Thanks for the updates, ouleopard! I like everything you had to say, from how hard our players are working to the recruits we're in on. Brunk is the big Payton Pritchard has been recruiting for sometime. He would be a good get.

I don't know anything about Michael Cage's son, but if he's anything like his father, I say sign him up! Michael Cage was a beast inside and on the boards. He pulled down 30 rebounds in one game when he played for the Clippers. He averaged 13.27 boards that year, beating out another boards beast, Charles Oakley, who only averaged 13.0 per game.

As always, thanks for the info OULeopard. Keep bringin it!

: Kameron McGusty (@KamMcgusty // @HouDefenders) tallies 32 PTS, 5 REB, 2 AST in a win

Cage said on the radio one day that he would love his son to come here although he is being recruited by Arizona and UCLA etc. Didn't act like he would try to convince him to come to Norman but it can't hurt to try to get him.

Duke and unc have checked in with norman north 2017 trae young. He lit up 2 top 10 prospects yesterday they were watching.

That will difficult to overcome...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back