Now it's Kansas' turn in the negative spotlight

So Let me get this straight Cheno, this happens under KU's Athletic Departments watch, but they aren't responsible. If this is the case, then how are Joe C. and Jeff C. responsible for the Tiny and Coach O situation, which you have insinuated on this board numerous times?

Absolutely KU's athletic department is at fault. Where did I say anything different? The basketball program isn't at fault is what I said. Please tell me how this is Bill Self's fault. If you think KU's basketball program will crumble because guys in the athletic department scalping tickets, I don't see it. The basketball program isn't at fault. How is this remotely the same as a the OT/Tiny situation which is strictly about the basketball team. KU's deal is an athletic department blunder...has nothing to do with the inner workings of the team....just so happened the tickets were to their events.

Absolutely KU's athletic department is at fault. Where did I say anything different? The basketball program isn't at fault is what I said. Please tell me how this is Bill Self's fault. If you think KU's basketball program will crumble because guys in the athletic department scalping tickets, I don't see it. The basketball program isn't at fault. How is this remotely the same as a the OT/Tiny situation which is strictly about the basketball team. KU's deal is an athletic department blunder...has nothing to do with the inner workings of the team....just so happened the tickets were to their events.

Yeah... purely coincidental that kansas basketball tickets were a major part of this. It's also purely coincidental that two of the major players outside the AD - Morningstar and Freeman - have connections to the basketball program (Morningstar as an alumni and father of a player, Freeman through his business dealings with Self). It's also purely coincidental that the Pump brothers were directly or indirectly involved with nine different players who ended up playing with kansas, including one whose father was on their payroll and later held a position with the ku basketball program.

All just an odd coincidence.

I saw a quote from OU today that said we had internal and external audits of the ticket office every year and no alarm bells went off.

Yeah... purely coincidental that kansas basketball tickets were a major part of this. It's also purely coincidental that two of the major players outside the AD - Morningstar and Freeman - have connections to the basketball program (Morningstar as an alumni and father of a player, Freeman through his business dealings with Self). It's also purely coincidental that the Pump brothers were directly or indirectly involved with nine different players who ended up playing with kansas, including one whose father was on their payroll and later held a position with the ku basketball program.

All just an odd coincidence.

WOW!!!!!! There are a lot of coincidences going on there. I'm sure because it's Kansas Cheno will want everyone to wait until all the facts are out instead of speculating about what went on.

In
WOW!!!!!! There are a lot of coincidences going on there. I'm sure because it's Kansas Cheno will want everyone to wait until all the facts are out instead of speculating about what went on.

Speculate all you want I could really care less. You gotta reach for something I guess.

In

Speculate all you want I could really care less. You gotta reach for something I guess.

i find it interesting that you responded to my post and not sawyers. i'm not gonna spuculate on anything but i've noticed how you have not had the same vigor now since it's kansas. before there was no wait and see when it was the sooners but now you have a wait in see since it's kansas.

He won't address anything specific because he's scared sh*tless about how bad this could get. It's not like a typical NCAA issue where the penalties will have little to no real impact (they won a title while still on probation last time). The feds don't mess around.

Well if the athletic department goes down, that pretty much includes basketball. Last time I checked, they were part of the athletic department

i find it interesting that you responded to my post and not sawyers. i'm not gonna spuculate on anything but i've noticed how you have not had the same vigor now since it's kansas. before there was no wait and see when it was the sooners but now you have a wait in see since it's kansas.

I don't know if it's because I'm 3/4ths of the way drunk from a long day on the lake but I don't even know what you are talking about. I haven't had the same "vigor" about what? KU had some crooks in the athletic department scalping tickets. And where have I not had a wait and see approach on OU? The only things I've commented on our facts we know. Tiny got a loan from a guy linked to OT and OT was asked to resign days after the story came out and Tiny was told by Coach Capel it would be best if he gone pro.

He won't address anything specific because he's scared sh*tless about how bad this could get. It's not like a typical NCAA issue where the penalties will have little to no real impact (they won a title while still on probation last time). The feds don't mess around.
Again, maybe I'm drunk but what exactly am I scared about? The feds are looking at a couple of individuals for scalping tickets. The feds aren't investigating Bill Self and his program. Sawyer....I know you want KU hoops to get shut down because sorry arse Mizzou can't beat them on the court but what in the heck are you talking about?

Well if the athletic department goes down, that pretty much includes basketball. Last time I checked, they were part of the athletic department
Dren so you think the entire KU athletic department is going to get shut down? Huh? Maybe we should start a thread about who's going to replace KU in the Big 12 when sports are eliminated.
Sheesh, I need another drink.

Dren so you think the entire KU athletic department is going to get shut down? Huh? Maybe we should start a thread about who's going to replace KU in the Big 12 when sports are eliminated.
Sheesh, I need another drink.

Actually I was using the same hyperbole that you and others have taken towards the OU situation without all the facts.

Actually I was using the same hyperbole that you and others have taken towards the OU situation without all the facts.

What hyperbole would that be?
Again, what I've talked about the OU situation has already happened.
But whatever you need to sleep at night.

Back