Odd play in the game yesterday

If that 3 falls, Cade's a genius.

By the time Cade made the pass, it WAS the right play to hit Crock because it was a 2 on 3 in the lane. Noboby is arguing that. What I wanted to see was for him to give the ball up early to Warren when it was a 2 on 1 (ie when they reached the 3 point line). I know that it is easy now when we can all watch the instant replay.

Last edited:
I see what you are saying. What didn't happen, though, is that Cade made a silly decision all by himself. TC knew he was getting that kickout, he was setting his feet and ready for the pass before the ball leaves Cade's hands.
More frustrating to me is that Willie gives up on the rebound, never even leaves the floor.

Here is the problem, by the time Cade made the pass to Crock, there were three VCU guys in the paint.

I love being able to break this play down. Thank you, youtube! :)

That is my point. Cade made the wrong play, not because it was a bad decision everytime but because VCU had recovered. As pointed out, Crock knew he was getting it because Capel has this team well coached. On a three on one break, the trailer floats to the three point line.

That is my point. Cade made the wrong play, not because it was a bad decision everytime but because VCU had recovered. As pointed out, Crock knew he was getting it because Capel has this team well coached. On a three on one break, the trailer floats to the three point line.

Cade's ballhandling and unfamiliarity running the break caused the problem. He ran the wrong lane on a two on on one break. In reality he should have past it early or veered into the defender and got an and1. He let the defender push him away from the basket. crossover and switch hands.

Cade got the only guy who could hit the broad side of the barn a wide open three. That is all I remember about the play. Not his fault that Crock missed.

Back