.500 (4-8) .... Kristian Doolittle
.357 (5-14) ... Jamuni McNeace
.333 (2-6) .... Rashard Odomes
.333 (2-6) .... Jamal Bieniemy
.000 (0-1) .... Kur Kuath
.000 (0-0) .... Matt Freeman

.697 (83-119) .. Team Totals

Yikes!!!

But almost expected......RO has had bad form from day one.....after the game I heard Muni say he had been practicing on his fts so he could stay in the games late. I would expect Bieniemy to get better, maybe freshmen jitters.

But it looks like there needs to be some "instruction" on how to shoot free throws. And I don't know if the coaches try to instruct them (RO) or just tell them to practice what they know. I would like to know the answer.

The good news is that the guys who are likely to shoot the most free throws are all good free throw shooters. If Muni and RO can make a respectable amount, we will be in good shape here. RO needs to be at least 60% -- his game is based on driving, so in games when he plays quite a bit, he will likely end up at the line a couple times. And Muni will get fouled a lot because teams will force him to earn points at the line rather than giving him dunks. We need him to at least be around 55% so teams don't just start hacking him.

Lots of guys who are below average FT shooters can make them all day long in practice but when game time rolls around they don't go in. Then there are guys like Shaq and Gottlieb who were apparently unteachable.

Exactly Wichita.

The closing group can all shoot FT.

Only thing that potentially scares me there is Bieniemy but it is a small sample and he is a true freshman. I mostly worry about a game where Calixte has fouled out or is injured. It didn’t matter in the last game since we were getting Reynolds the ball. The rest of it is about what you would expect or is a small sample that I know will improve based on prior years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It’s obvious why there is a concerted effort to keep the balll in the hands of the top three players on Traveler’s list. We’re fortunate to have three guards who are almost automatic from the free throw line. Percentages like that can win a lot of games at crunch time.

Nothing wrong with Bieniemy’s shot. He’ll get better with more experience under pressure. Odomes is another story entirely. His fling it up and hope shot is awful. He doesn’t have much of a chance to get better if his release doesn’t improve. What bothers me more than anything is that it didn’t used to be that bad. Makes me wonder why our coaches didn’t do more to fix it?

also manek is to good of a shooter to not be at .80 or above

also manek is to good of a shooter to not be at .80 or above

No question about it. I think his shooting woes from three and from the free throw line are mostly mental. Practice, practice, practice is the only cure I can think of.

Exactly Wichita.

The closing group can all shoot FT.

This x100. I continue to see a closing group of Doo, Manek, Reynolds, Calixte and James. The three primary ball handlers are all excellent FT shooters.

Back