*****Oklahoma-Houston Game Thread*****

Good heavens...we have got to play more under control. We are not going to win a streetball game against these guys. Eventually the 3s are going to stop falling, thus we are going to have to run some semblance of an offense.

Defense was good for the first 15 minutes and then Houston began to make some outside shots, which opened up the floor. I hope we can hang on.

Houston got on a roll there at the end of the half...they couldn't miss!!!

kinda weird to be getting commercials for alaskan construction companies and alaskan christian rock stations.

how long will it take this team to learn how to play defense and rebound?

from what i have seen in this game, this is seems to be a pretty selfish group.....lot's of individual players, which from my experience doesn't yield a good team defense approach....abunch of guys standing around.

no boxing out, and slow to pick up the other guys when we are in a zone.

not sure if capel can get them to play as a team...but outside of the MSM game, this team will live and die off of offense. hopefully pledger can stay hot.

Haltime Leaders

Warren - 9
Crocker - 8

Rebounds:
Crocker - 5
Allen - 4
Gallon - 4

Assists:
Warren - 4
TMG - 3

Minutes:
Pledger - 20
Crocker - 19
Davis - 16

Fouls:
Warren - 3
Gallon - 2

Turnovers:
Warren - 4
Crocker - 2

for your halftime entertainment, here is an old video of gan matthews:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxWP9jWwjDU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

A link got posted on the streaming thread for those who can't watch it. I'll get to watch the second half :woot :woot

Props to SoonerShay for posting.

How about defending a thing called the passing lanes and perhaps boxing out 50% of the time.

Hopefully we can play some defense in the 2nd half. Not sure if playing 4 guards is the right thing to do. Our rebounding is bad enough.

here is a video of a beagle making a daring escape

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEaFK2v6PbM&feature=related[/ame]

Back