*****Oklahoma-Texas Southern Game Thread*****

Who was the rocket scientist who said that Cade and Pledger shouldn't be on the floor together?

thompson cracks me up... that lumberjack has no power going up for a shot i swear he is getting stuffed everytime but he finesses it in somehow its funny

TSU makes a deep, deep 3. 33-26
Clark makes a 3
TSU guy makes a 3 at the buzzer 36-29 OU

I know some will say we should be beating a Texas Southern team missing some key players by 7 at half, but not matter what, we look good when we shoot well. The D isn't looking crisp, yet.

I know some will say we should be beating a Texas Southern team missing some key players by 7 at half, but not matter what, we look good when we shoot well. The D isn't looking crisp, yet.
Defense played well till the last few possesions. They had like 20 points going into the last minute.

If you would have told me OU would shoot 60% from the field and go 7-13 from outside I would think they were up by a lot more than 7.

They made some lucky threes though... One was from 26 feet and the other was at the buzzer. Should be a 13 point game.

If you would have told me OU would shoot 60% from the field and go 7-13 from outside I would think they were up by a lot more than 7.

They made some lucky threes though... One was from 26 feet and the other was at the buzzer. Should be a 13 point game.

The score is certainly closer than the game has been.

Shots are falling tonight and we are attacking the zone well. Thompson looks confused at times on what to do with the basketball. Go to the rim big red. You don't have to pass it all the time. Coach Capel needs to give Newell a little bit more of the green light. The kid looks like he's about to explode for 30. Fitz has to be patient and let the game come to him. He is frustrated right now, which he should be. There were a couple of bad calls. If he thinks this is bad he'd better get prepared because monday will be worse. LET'S GO SOONERS! BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

i hope to see carl blair out there some tonight. hopefully with some improved D

we never should have gave up that last 3, got lazy after cam hit his.

We are shooting much better but need to step up the defense and cut turnovers. Glad to see Pledger and Cade strokin' it.

TSU shot 37% at the half and made their last 3 baskets.

Too many turnovers has kept TSU in the game. Also they have more offensive boards.

My view from the game:

194922278.jpg

My view of the game:

We're doing much, MUCH better on three-point shooting. Our free throw production is down, but we haven't drawn as many fouls. The biggest difference between today and Monday is, in my opinion, our penetration. We're actually creating shots instead of wildly jacking up 3's.

Back to getting crazy with my Capelables!

Last edited:
i hope to see carl blair out there some tonight. hopefully with some improved D
Saw a tweet from guerin emig of the tulsa world said Blair has been sick according to capel

I would like to see Newell. I only remember him playing about 5 minutes.

TSU with a nice call to start the half. Make an allyoop dunk
Sooners turn it over
TSU gets a charge. 36-31 OU

Back